Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Check out my great treadware!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member
Default Check out my great treadware!

First rotation since I bought them about 9 months ago. This one is off the front P.side of the car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20355/C8AF78D4B80A42C18344E9AE501BB7E5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2007, 04:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Check out my great treadware!

It looks like you need to run more pressure. Are you cornering so hardthe tires roll over a lot? Are the other tires similar?

Old 04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

looks fine to me, lol. yeah, more pressure, and you need to rotate them more often, fwd's eat up the rear tires because there's no weight in the rear, so it just hops all around and the front eats them up b/c you stear and drive with the front two, but yeah, there's something definitely wrong.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

Ya, I think one of my problems is underinflation, one is that I didnt rotate them for 9 months, and one is that they are some of the worst quality tires out there...haha no worries im getting new, name brand tires in the summer.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 AM
HCF Member

****, for a $3.00 pressure guage, you ruined your tires? Driving your car is more than gassing up and go. I'm sure you know that. If you put "name brand" tires on and neglect them, the same stuff will happen. Check your pressure once a week or so, and minimally at the 3 month oil change that you prolly dont do either. Take care of you ride and your ride will take care of you.

SMOKEM

Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

definatly......

just buy one of those small CHEAP tire pressure gauges from autozone...... they are preaty small and got a magnet on the back of them.... i got mine stuck to the back of the gas door... and while my gas is fillen up i always check my tire pressure all the way around the car... usualy when im finishing the last tire the gas pump clicks off

and definatly with oil changes same way... i try to go ruffly every 3K miles... i mainly just go by the 3s...LOL 3,6,9K miles.... works close enough and ya dont have to do that specific.

thats just plain not enough air pressure in the tire..

Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 PM

ya check ur pressure often, i check all my tires once a week and i always keep an eye on the tread wear. not only would u waist money on tires, ur waisting money on gas. improper inflation can reflect ur mpg. performance is suffering aswell.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

ya as funny as it sounds I checked the tire when i was rotating it when i took this picture...well, it was at 30 psi, right on the dot where it has to be? Thats strange huh? Plus the driver side was not as bad at all, so im thinking, well i dunno

Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Lost

ya as funny as it sounds I checked the tire when i was rotating it when i took this picture...well, it was at 30 psi, right on the dot where it has to be? Thats strange huh? Plus the driver side was not as bad at all, so im thinking, well i dunno
The recommended psi numbers for your vehicle do not apply to aftermarket/performance tires. I have ~39psi in my rears

Read the sidewall of the TIRE

Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

That is the tire. Im pretty sure my stock tires dont say 30psi

Quick Reply: Check out my great treadware!