HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Coilovers and spring question?? HELP (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/coilovers-spring-question-help-16602/)

naucrx 02-08-2006 11:08 AM

RE: Coilovers and spring question?? HELP

ORIGINAL: SITNLOW97

well i decided to only go about 2' drop with springs!! And yes i was talking about i heard bad things about the cheap ass sleeves coilovers!! But can i use stock struts with like a 2' drop and get a descent ride??
Okay, whew... I was gonna say, how could anyone not like coilovers?! lol If you've got the money I highly recommend them. I went from a KYB/lowering spring setup to Tein SS dampers on my EG and it was like night and day. I will never own another sport compact car without a coilover suspension.

You should be fine with a 2" drop on some springs and still have a decent ride. Just take 'er easy over speed bumps and such and your stock struts will last longer. :)

SITNLOW97 02-08-2006 11:44 AM

So im guessing i will still need a camber kit with like a 1.5 to 2 inch drop even if i get it aligned??

SITNLOW97 02-08-2006 11:46 AM

hey naucrx, how much did ur coilover setup cost and where did u get it?

naucrx 02-08-2006 12:33 PM

So im guessing i will still need a camber kit with like a 1.5 to 2 inch drop even if i get it aligned??
Yeah, you will definitely need a camber kit with a drop like that if you want your tires to last. Without one you can at least correct the toe with an alignment so your tires will last a little bit longer. Plan on having to flip-flop tires at least once if you skip the camber kit. My car is dropped about 1.75 inches and I've got -2 degrees camber up front and -1 in the rear after an alignment. I like the way the car handles and rides though so I think I will leave it as-is and skip the camber kit. My tires probably won't last more than 20,000 miles though, but that's all right with me.

hey naucrx, how much did ur coilover setup cost and where did u get it?
I got the Tein SS coilovers on eBay for $400!! I spent about 3 weeks on there searching like a madman until I found them. They are used but in perfect working order. The only thing wrong with them is the green paint is coming off where they attach to the spindles. I think they were still a smoking deal though! If I remember right they run about $900 new on eBay. But IMO they are well worth $900.

ef4life 02-08-2006 12:38 PM

yeah a camber kit is always a good idea even when your not lowering your car a lot. omni power has good coilovers for like 650 dollars, tein basics start at like 750. the super streets will run 1000-1400 depending on car but are efdc compatible

SITNLOW97 02-08-2006 01:42 PM

so these coilovers ur talkin about include the strut too right?

ef4life 02-08-2006 01:49 PM

yeah full coilovers from omnipower are like 650 at http://www.passwordjdm.com/prodtype....ageHistory=cat they also have some camber stuff and aluminum lower control arms. all tein stuff is really good stuff well worth the price

dj_ipirate 02-08-2006 01:54 PM

i herd coilovers give you "rice bounce" or is that only when you put them on a stock suspention, or what?

SITNLOW97 02-08-2006 01:57 PM

The only ones i seen on that site are like 850, im i just not seeing them or what??

SITNLOW97 02-08-2006 01:59 PM

i know the coilover sleeves are bouncy as hell but the all in one coilovers are great as ive heard!!