Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Dropzone Lifetime Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
HCF Member
Question Dropzone Lifetime Warranty?

First of all, holy **** its been awhile. Secondly, I was wondering if any one who has Dropzone shocks would know who the hell I'd contact to get another shock. when I bought them a couple years ago off Ebay, I got the lifetime warranty with them. It was a little piece of paper with a sticker on it, idk what the F happened to it but thats the least of my issues. I've been looking for the manufacturer's website,e-mail or any contact info, but all I find is secondhand dealers. The stupid shock blew right out of the mount and put an inch DEEP dent through the underside of my hood. I want tokico's but money is short right now and I need this one replaced. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks

Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Well first of all, did you install them correctly? Something like this either sounds like a top hat failure or incorrect installation. The only way I could see the shocks being able to do this is if the shaft were the incorrect size for the top hat or if the washer that sits on the notch on the shaft/under the top hat bushing somehow failed.

Generally the only failure with these junk suspension products would be terrible valve to spring rate ratios which usually leads to blown shocks. Not to mention cheap assembly and materials.

Another reason to stay away from these brands is because like you mentioned, it's difficult to find the company that makes them. Usually they are designed by some random person, send the designs overseas to say, china...and they produce them in which the person sells them from their basement...Don't count on the "warranty" either. There's a reason why you spend big bucks on well known, tested and proven products. You pay for the service aswell...

Last edited by civicexracer; 03-10-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by civicexracer
There's a reason why you spend big bucks on well known, tested and proven products. You pay for the service aswell...

learned this plenty of times over and over again..

Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the reply,I didnt think anyone saw it. I used to get emails when people responded to posts but I guess that was back in the day. well I dont know about the install, because I paid 100$ for a garage to do it. I'd hope that they did it right but I guess you never know. As far as the cheapness of these, I agree they were not top grade but by no means were they cheap, they cost me 350$, which i know compared to 500 tokicos is cheaper, but its not like I bought crap. There used to be a bunch of people on here that loved them (MXS is the only one i can remember) so i was convinced. Your right though, i wish i got something else, now im screwed. I just think its crazy that I cant find a frigin manufacturer, its not like they are generic. Idk... I guess I'm about to break the bank.....FML

Old 04-08-2010, 07:06 AM
HCF Member

Never thought i'd see you back on here bro. haha. just go all out, get new ****, the right way. lol. I feel you've learned your lesson to not cheap out. you dont need to pay for a place to live next year. cardboard boxes work, hahaha, or your backseat.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 PM

hi guys,..
i am new in this forum,..
i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharings,..