Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Front Suspension Rattling Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 AM
HCF Member
Default Front Suspension Rattling Noise

When I drive over bumps the front end rattles like crazy. I know I don't need new struts because I recently installed Tokico's. I also replaced the bushings in the LCAs with Energy Suspension Bushings, so I'm not sure on what to do.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Front Suspension Rattling Noise

Put the front end on jack stands and carefully inspect the front suspension components for excess free play and the ball joints for damage.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

I think the ball joints might have something to do with that. My mechanic has told me that he thinks I might need some new ones. I'll have them replaced and I'll let you know what happens from there.

He has also told me that he thinks that there might be a piece from the old struts that I'm missing. Some sort of noise dampener to smooth things out, and that might be a cause of this rattling. What do you think?

Old 06-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johnb

I think the ball joints might have something to do with that. My mechanic has told me that he thinks I might need some new ones. I'll have them replaced and I'll let you know what happens from there.

He has also told me that he thinks that there might be a piece from the old struts that I'm missing. Some sort of noise dampener to smooth things out, and that might be a cause of this rattling. What do you think?
All plausible. You'd know for sure by inspecting yourself. For illustrations of the front suspension components, see manuals link in my signature.