Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Goodyear Eagle tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Default Goodyear Eagle tires

I just bought my first Civic in January, 06 sedan, and the other day while driving on the highway my rear drivers side tire just blew out. Because the vehicle only has 8,000 miles on it I took to the dealer and they said that it was a defect in the tire, and they replaced it for free. My question is should I be concerned with the other 3 tires on the car? I would really like to get the others replaced as well so something like this won't happen again. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-29-2006, 11:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Goodyear Eagle tires

the real question is, how do you know if the new one wont blow out??.... exactly.... you don't. so the only logical advise that i think we could give you, is that you should just keep on driving the car, if a tire blows then there is probably nothing you can do to prevent it, even if it is a brand new tire.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

especially when its a brand new tire. new tires will blow more than a newish but slightly driven on tire.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:57 PM

What I am asking is if there is a known defect with Goodyear Eagle tires on new Civics? If there isn't and this was a one shot deal then it I'm not worried.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

If there was a big enough defect there would be a recall... and as far as i know there is no such recall at this moment.... you should be fine

Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

Tires normally don't just "blow out" Firestone had an issue a bunch of years back...and as stated in another post, if there was a real problem there would be information available. I would venture to say that you had a slow leak.....that you were unaware of. The tire ran low, hot HOT....and let go! The guys at the dealer are just looking for a reason. One that you can understand....they would NEVER say it's your fault. Just be alert to the air in your tires.....I would NOT worry about the other tires....just keep em aired up to proper pressure!
ORIGINAL: BlueCIV06

I just bought my first Civic in January, 06 sedan, and the other day while driving on the highway my rear drivers side tire just blew out. Because the vehicle only has 8,000 miles on it I took to the dealer and they said that it was a defect in the tire, and they replaced it for free. My question is should I be concerned with the other 3 tires on the car? I would really like to get the others replaced as well so something like this won't happen again. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks