Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help me guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

I see, I see...guess chamber kits ain't really nothing, all in all people opinion. Well guys, I was thinking and doing my research online like jdmpassword, amazon, autoanything,rockauto, or just go down to my advance auto store. Most, not all, told me to go with Eibach pro lowing kits not Eibach street lowing kits because of the way it feel when you go over bumps and actually feels all the motion and impact. They say if you get the pro one which cost me $200 from my buddy at advance auto who gave me his manager discount ahaha will make your car look nice and lower but feel like you're riding normal with no bouncing around. What you guys think about that? and yes I went and check Tein s-tech springs which does an 1.5 drop but front n back?. Got people saying Tein company said its compatible with oem shocks which is not true. More info on that please? I know that tokico shocks are excellent but guys...what site have them at a good price? Should I get eibach pro kits or Tein s-tech springs? Gosh it's a hard choice!!
P.S I forgot to mention that I have 17" rims

Old 03-11-2010, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

Guys...I know this is a noob question, but how low would 1.5" and 2" look like on my 97 lx? Would the fenders scape the tires or will it be too close to the ground, which I really don't want because I live where the government eat the society money on bulls**t rather then paying for the road and street to be fix (potholes everywhere!!!!). But anyways off topic sorry, I also lived in a city where there snow.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:04 PM

fenders will probably rub. it depends on other things too though like your wheels offset.

If you will need to change your ride height based on the season of the year, you'll need coilovers. you'll also need an alignment every time you alter the ride height. i recommend buying a lifetime alignment policy from a shop. Chain stores like Tires Plus have these. They run around $180... one time up front payment. Then you can come back and get an alignment on that car for free as many times as you want. Where I got mine, Tires Plus, I can also transfer it to another car, once, so if I go buy a new car I can have lifetime alignments on it instead.

stock shocks can last on s-techs for a little while longer than on most other springs, I guess that's why people say that. Good to know though that Tein doesn't recommend that though, I had always thought they really said that

Old 03-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
stock shocks can last on s-techs for a little while longer than on most other springs, I guess that's why people say that. Good to know though that Tein doesn't recommend that though, I had always thought they really said that
Nope, just people. The reason people say that is because the S-tech spring rate is retarded low for lowering springs... so basically, it's one of the softest set of 2" lowering springs you can buy, meaning less stress on the shocks that other 2" springs.

OP, you may rub with 17's and a 2" drop, you may not. There's a lot of variables. For example, what offset are your wheels (it should be stamped on the inside of one of the spokes... it'll be something like +42) and what tire size do you have?

You can have 17's and be a lot lower than 2" and not rub too bad if you have the correct setup. For example, my old civic:

Name:  ej12.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  55.3 KB

It only rubbed at close to full lock when I hit a bump, and considering the front tires were tucked, that's to be expected.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 AM
HCF Member

Lol at your tiny brakes

Old 03-12-2010, 07:58 AM
HCF Member

Ok, I uploaded some pix's for you guys to see will it work.

Yokohoma tires and I think its r1-racing wheels sport

Here is the tires size
205/10zr17 84w

Here an idea for you guys with a picture of my car

Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 AM
HCF Member

Oh gosh!! sorry for the small image, forgot to click in the picture for bigger lol.

Here it agian bigger