Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

can you guys help me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Default can you guys help me?

i have the dropzone coilovers right now w/ my stock shocks...i want to get the dropzone gas shocks from a local store and its gunna run me like 250..do you guys think its worth it...i have my car droped like 3 inces or more and i have prety bad negitave camber in the front my rear is lifted at the moment so the camber isnt bad at all...ive been running like this for a couple of months...dont know how quick the stockers will wear out....do you think i should go ahead and get the shocks also i think im going to get a camber kit but i have to do a little reaserch...do you guys know how much they run..and what do they do to fix the camber i have no idea what they are...is it an easy install...oh yea i did the install of the coils so would the camber kit be much harder...just need the info...
thanks

Old 08-07-2004, 07:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: can you guys help me?

if you did the coilovers, then you can do the camber kit. do it. it will pay for itself in one set of tires. then get it aligned. that sounds a little steep for the shocks though. ill look around for a better deal. i know i can get the full, true coilovers, but im not sure about the shocks. they have tokico hps, which is what i have on my car now, for about 230 shipped on ebay, and like 365-400 for the adjustable illuminas. i can check with my supplier to see how cheap i can get em if you really want them. let me know.

Old 08-07-2004, 08:07 PM

well heres the thing..when i did the coil overs the shocks allen key hole got striped so when i put them back on it was to the point to when i took them back off it would be to put on new ones...now the dropzone coil overs ran me 100 and the told me it would be 200 for the set of shocks...today i went back and they told be 250 so i may be able to get them for 200 or maybe not...i was messin with the coils and i raised the back up and under the ride weight the threads crushed so i couldnt lower it but i talked to the ppl that i got them from and they gave me another sleve... but to put it on im gunna need new shocks so i told them i would buy them off of them but now they tell me 250 from 200 so i dont know....if you can get them cheaper w/ ship i am all for it...also the camber kit can you get a shipped price for that too id appreciate it...i dont have a lot of money rigt now due to school clothes and such...i hvae no idea how much the camber kits go for but i got about 300 to play with...if i can get the shocks that would be good for now...by the begining of next month i will have some more money...i just rotated my tires and the fron camber is bad...the inside was sooo worn but my backs were like new so its ok for now...but i want to get the camber kit within a few weeks because when i get rims and tires (17 or 18's)i dont want them to ware like that...let me know on some prices...oh yea is the camber kit easy to install? also is it for all corners or like just for the front or back...thanks for your help man

Old 08-07-2004, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

yeah,ill check the prices for you. the camber kit is pretty easy to put in, but when you do it, budget another 60-160 bucks for an alignment. the 160 (maybe a little more) is for a lifetime alignment. no matter how many times you get it done, you only pay once. if you change your suspension settings often, and plan on keeping your car for a while, do this. i wish i had done it when i did mine. now i gotta pay for it again.

Old 08-07-2004, 08:29 PM

no yea that sounds like its a good deal..you can do it unlimited? like once a week if u wanted? aha sounds good....let me know when you have some prices...here or you can email me ohbiskits@aol.com
thanks again bro

Old 08-08-2004, 09:29 PM

I've got about 10K miles on my Dropzone struts; so far they've been trouble free. My car is dropped via their drop spring set (2.5"F, 2"R, not coilovers) and I think their claims of being 'built for lowered vehicles' might be true given how well the struts have held up thus far.

I know DZ gets knocked quite a bit on the forums but my experience with the springs and struts has been very good; I think they're a good deal for the money.

I'm pretty certain that www.cbwheels.com is still the main distributor for DZ (that's where I got mine from); I checked their site and see a listing for 92-95 and 96+ Civics for $239 per set... ..you might wanna give them a call...

-Trevor

Old 08-08-2004, 10:05 PM

thanks bro