Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help with Rim Identification and Repair (problem solved thanks)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:07 PM
HCF Member
Default Help with Rim Identification and Repair (problem solved thanks)

These rims came with my other car, but I want to put them on my civic. I know they fit, but ones bent pretty badly. It holds air but cannot be balanced with the huge dent in it. I went to two shops that friends told me fix their rims "all the time." But both said they cannot fix my rim and were not willing to try. So my options are to just give up and try to sell them to someone else, keep trying to get them fixed, or try to find a replacement.

They say LOCO on them so I'm guessing that means Team Loco. Research on the web told me that Team Loco was the same company as PRIME, which went out of business in 2001. Ive been checking ebay and craigslist with no luck. I did find out, however, that it is a possibility that these rims were made from a common mold and sold as different brands, so I may be able to find one if I knew the other brands.

So my questions are:
1. Does anyone have any info about these rims and any other brands they might have been sold as? Is there a part number or something on the rim somewhere? Theres some random numbers on them but they seem to be meaningless.
2. Anyone know of any other repair shops in northern Indiana or the south Chicago area?

Any other advice welcomed.

Heres how they WOULD look on the car.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help with Rim Identification and Repair

The reason those people said they cant repair it is because those wheels have polished lip, if they rolled it or straightened it, it will leave roll marks on it & thats hard to romove/polish it back to original condition.
The wheel certainly can be repaired, it doesnt look that bad to me, but you have to paint the whole wheel after the repair to hide the rolled marks with the help of some fine fillers...

Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 AM

My wheels actually had the same problem with the small dents on the lip... is there a way to repair them in your own garage? Sorry to thread jack...

Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Champ white FD2

The reason those people said they cant repair it is because those wheels have polished lip, if they rolled it or straightened it, it will leave roll marks on it & thats hard to romove/polish it back to original condition.
The wheel certainly can be repaired, it doesnt look that bad to me, but you have to paint the whole wheel after the repair to hide the rolled marks with the help of some fine fillers...
With that in mind, I went to a different shop and told them I just wanted them fixed to be drivable and I understand that there will be marks. The next day and $50 later I picked up my two rims with the dents removed and the wheels balanced. This weekend I put them on the car. From sitting I guess one of the tires has something wierd going on with the treads where some of them are a little raised. This makes them a bit noisy but they ride OK. It just sounds like Im driving a lifted truck with mud tires.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Everyday Getaway

My wheels actually had the same problem with the small dents on the lip... is there a way to repair them in your own garage? Sorry to thread jack...
Some people suggested to me that I fix them myself. Supposedly it can be done if the tire is removed. A friend at work said he has fixed rims like that before by tightening a cresent wrench to the lip and bending it back with heat. I wanted them fixed by someone with experience and then balanced, so I took them to a rim repair shop.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 PM

That's pretty awesome, where did you take them? BTW, you should lower your car, it would look nice as hell

Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Everyday Getaway

That's pretty awesome, where did you take them? BTW, you should lower your car, it would look nice as hell
If I had the money, i'd definately lower it. Theres too much space above the tires.

Around here (probably everywhere else too), theres quite a few Mexican tire and rim shops, where you can get rims and tires repaired, buy used rims and tires, trade, sell, whatever, and theyre usually pretty cheap. I went to one of those in Harvey, IL. It was called Tenrio's Tire.