Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help with rims!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
HCF Member
Default Help with rims!!

Well I got a build going on as some of you know, and I had already ordered tires and rims but now they are saying its going to take at least another week and a half and I don't wanna wait that long not to mention I wanna get some smaller rims so I'm getting the money back.. I'm looking for a set of 16 inch rims and tires.. have to be 4 lug!! Please help!!

Thanks

Joe

Old 10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

What kind of style do you like? How much money do you want to spend? And if yo go with a 15" rim, then there will be quite a few more choices.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

Well I want it to be black finished.. but im just open to any styles.. you know? You sorta know what you want but it never hurts for people to introduce new things.. And idk how good 15's would look on a civic i dont want small rims.. no lol.. but like one of the members before said 17s would be a lil monstrous so I figured i could go down 1 inch and maybe still keep somewhat of low profile tires on there.. ya know? I don't want to lower the car either so thats another factor i dont want big old tires on there with stock heigh id rather have a lil bigger of a rim.. lol im really open to any rims.. show me some you like.. and ill check them out

Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM

Konig Retracks

Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

^ I love the retracks

If you're going to lower your Civic (which, if you ever want it to look "right", you will), 15s will look just fine. 16s are pushing it IMO, but will still work.

Drag and Rota are other companies to check out, and if you like the old school mesh look, check this thread out, and pull names from there

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1545120

EDIT: And you can never go wrong with the Acura LS meshies

Last edited by Superfly; 10-27-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

I'm really digging these

Old 10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

17s fit ek wheel well perfectly as long as the tires are low profile, but that's my opinion of course

can't go wrong with rota grid, very simple look

Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Check out www.jlbmotorsports.com

They have a huge selection of wheels and will beat almost any tire shop's price on tires that they can mount and balance.

I just bought some 15-lb 16-inch Konig Brite Lites for my Mazda but there are lots of blacks, whites, and even other colors like blue to chose from. The weights aren't listed in their site but if you call, they'll tell you what it is.

The reason why I picked 16s is because there are few super high performance tires for 15 inch wheels. Most of the high-speed-rated tires are V, Z, or W-rated and the choices are many in 16+ sizes. Many of the 15s I've seen are T, S, or H-rated and their sidewalls are softer (steering response suffers).

Old 10-27-2010, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

x2 on jlbmotorsports

their name is drflickner on honda-tech and i've ordered most of our wheels form them including konig runaways, konig britelite, and rota grids at great prices. they also carry ksport coils for good prices too, which is where we ordered one for an s2k and one for a civic

Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by conceptualpolymer
Check out www.jlbmotorsports.com

They have a huge selection of wheels and will beat almost any tire shop's price on tires that they can mount and balance.

I just bought some 15-lb 16-inch Konig Brite Lites for my Mazda but there are lots of blacks, whites, and even other colors like blue to chose from. The weights aren't listed in their site but if you call, they'll tell you what it is.

The reason why I picked 16s is because there are few super high performance tires for 15 inch wheels. Most of the high-speed-rated tires are V, Z, or W-rated and the choices are many in 16+ sizes. Many of the 15s I've seen are T, S, or H-rated and their sidewalls are softer (steering response suffers).
Cause he's going to need high-speed rated tires for his Civic Not saying to NOT buy 16s, just saying that's not a good reason to go with 16s.....

16s won't look bad, especially if you aren't going to drop your civic, or if you are going to drop it like an 1"

Quick Reply: Help with rims!!