Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

help and tips on lowering please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
HCF Member
Default help and tips on lowering please!

hey guys i have a 1996 si (go canada) and i have a couple questions

for now my wheels are the stock ones, and i want to lower it before i get new rims and tires because i heard thats the better thing to do right? also im not sure how much i want to lower it, just enough so that if i decide later to get 16's or 17's that there is no rubbing or anything so i dont have to worry about anything. also i am not sure of which products to buy, for example what brands, and if i just need to buy coilovers or springs or what else. i know this may be asking alot but any feedback would help me alot. thanks in advance

Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Default RE: help and tips on lowering please!

not trying to thread jack but the best look i've seen is sportline springs with koni or tein shocks........ i have some sportlines for sale... nice and cheap so ull have $$ to get your shocks right away.. pm me or reply to my classified

Old 11-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well for a nice soft ride id say Stech springs, BUT if you want to tweak the cars height then agood set of adjustable coilovers.....
i think most recomended adjustable coilovers are GROUND CONTROLS.... and KONI yellows... thats what ive been recomended preaty much hands down on this site.....

and for my 99civic im using some Tokico] HP Series Shocks / Struts, with TEIN Stech springs.
just be sure STECH springs are authentic! ive heard of many fakes....

Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

cool, are most of these items ordered off of legit "brand-name" websites, or is it possible i may find some authentic ones off of e-bay?
thx

Old 11-20-2007, 08:22 PM
mxs
HCF Member

you can find real stuff on ebay, just ignore anything that has "STYLE" in the description.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

also ensure that the TEIN sticker is authentic.... they had a HOW TO tell if its fake on thier site but i dont see it now....

but easy way is if the spring has a sticker that says TEIN and its just kinda wraped onto the spring..... then its a fake the AUTHENTIC TEIN printing is onto the spring that follows the springs incline.....

ebays fine if ya find a good seller...... me personaly i heard to much crap about fakes so i bought mine from procivic.com spent a good amount more BUT knew they where authentic...

Old 11-21-2007, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

I wouldn't be worried about rubbing, I have 18" rims on mine and the only time they rub is if you turn the wheel almost all the way in either direction. It's been lowered quite a bit as well, not sure on exact specs.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well with rubbing it ALWAYS depends on tire size and the rims offset.... you can rub with stock rims with larger tires.LOL or you can rub with other larger rims with no tires.....
just one of those things ya have to think about when running wider tires.. which is main reason im looking for some SI wheels for my 94civic... they are still preaty nice and modest... and is not as wide. so easier to prevent rubbing