Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

How much will it cost to lower my civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Default How much will it cost to lower my civic?

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX Sadan, and I want to lower it. About how much will this cost me with just the parts? I'm also new to the whole modifing business. Can anyone suggest some good sites for after factory parts?

Thanks,

[IMG]local://upfiles/2648/FD01A5D24A464512ABC66B90C5A0A072.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Default RE: How much will it cost to lower my civic?

Ebay my friend.

As a matter of fact heres what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Not a bad price.

If you don't mind it being bouncy over dips in the road and just overall its really springy. If you do mind this I think you want to buy some performance shocks to go along.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

i dont kno that much about suspensions but im pretty sure that set will Ruin the ride of ur car.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:16 PM

nah, it didn't ruin my ride, its lowered and riding fine.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: corye03

If you don't mind it being bouncy over dips in the road and just overall its really springy. If you do mind this I think you want to buy some performance shocks to go along.

mines stock and doesnt do that..

Old 05-10-2005, 11:29 PM

yea cus its coilovers, coilover springs lower your ride and are naturally more bouncy than stock, it will be lowered and ride just like stock if you install performance shocks along with it, if not it will be bouncy because it has aftermarket different springs accompanied by stock shocks.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: corye03

yea cus its coilovers, coilover springs lower your ride and are naturally more bouncy than stock, it will be lowered and ride just like stock if you install performance shocks along with it, if not it will be bouncy because it has aftermarket different springs accompanied by stock shocks.
2 things...

1. Resize the picture in yoru sig or I'll delete it for you. It is huge.

2. You dont know too much about suspension... coilovers will make your suspension tight and the ride is pretty harsh. The only upside to coilovers is if you want the option to adjust the height. Springs are better if you want a smoother ride and dont care to adjust the height. The only time you get that loose bouncy feel is if your shocks are worn out. The stock chocks will work fine with shorter springs but dependign on the way you drive they will wear quicker than normal.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:41 AM

ah, okay I understand now, I was taught what I put on there, my bad guys, my bad pcupo, thanks for clearing it up polo. I'm ashamed now.[]

Old 05-11-2005, 11:48 AM

is the pic in the sig okay now?

Old 05-11-2005, 02:31 PM

i agree with polo. i just put on some coilovers + eibachs + my 16" rims. 'it runs like a carridge' is what my friend says. it's super stiff and with a bit of rubber, even the tiniest lil bump hits like a brick. this isnt good, cuz the city i live in has the worst roads in canada haha.. o well, looks though tho

Quick Reply: How much will it cost to lower my civic?