Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

how to tighten lug nuts after installing hub centric rings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member
Default how to tighten lug nuts after installing hub centric rings?

Is there a difference in terms of tightening torque when you install hub centric rings vs. no rings? like don't tighten too much or it will crush the plastic/alum rings? or just tighten them just like old times?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: how to tighten lug nuts after installing hub centric rings?

just tighten them down like you normally would... the rings sit flush with the back of your wheels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

aight. thanks. now are there anything special that i should do when i install the rings and before i put the rims back? or just shove em in and that's it it's my first time to go aftermarket wheels so pardon my ignorance i have another thread asking about diff kinds of hubcentric rings sized 56.1ID 73.1OD, but i guess once you have the measurement, that's it... just a matter of plastic poly or alum

Old 12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Super Cereal Admin

as far as I know, you just put them in the wheels and put the wheels on like normal. It's what I've done to my 17's for the last 2 years, and I've had no problems. The only issue I ever have with the rings is sometimes the plastic ones I have like to stick to the brake hub when I pull the wheel off, but then you just have to pry it off with a flathead screwdriver. I'm not really sure if the ring sticking to the hub is a problem with the aluminum rings or not.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

If you want the truest (is that a real word?) have the vehicle in the air, snug the lugs down then before you set the car down, have a buddie get in the car an put his foot on the brake. Use your torque wrench, then put the car down. If you can tighten the lugs down with the wheel weight "unsprung" (is that too, a real word?) this is best to give the centering rings their best chance..... If not, just tighten them as you see fit.