Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

It's really time to lower my car, Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:27 AM
HCF Member
Default It's really time to lower my car, Need some help

Yeah, I've seen so many different opinions on struts and springs. Which is what lead me to post. Just looking really to drop the car alittle bit, get rid of the damn wheel well space. I'm not really on a budget for these because I know that suspension is a crutial part on the car. I'm just looking to drop the car about 1" - 1.5". I would drop it alittle lower, but I'm putting a lip on it and the roads around here are pretty crappy.

I was looking at the H-Techs, which is most likely what I'm going to get. I just need more help on the Struts because it seems like alot of people have different opinions on them. I'm just looking to put them on a daily driver. Thanks in advance guys.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: It's really time to lower my car, Need some help

hey i have brand new set of tokico hp "blues" for sale, and i believe they would go nicely with your H-techs becasue i was going to put S-tech springs on them. $270 shipped and their yours, heres the link for a picture>>>>>>>>.https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_338132/tm.htm

pm me if you want them

Old 01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

as far as springs go, i would get s-tech over the h's. i have a set of h&r sport springs that im selling for 150 shipped.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:42 PM
mxs
HCF Member

just stick with something name-brand, don't get ebay coilovers or that crap.

check out this thread: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_345393/tm.htm

Old 01-28-2007, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

d16punk would u concider running the h-techs with ur stock struts?

Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

id personally never consider tein springs. ive read reviews where they actually induce more understeer on my model car (but I have an integra).

i hate understeer...

id probably go for H&R springs, which have true progressive compression. but you'll probably never drive as aggresively (idiotically) as I do on the street, so you're choice of springs probably won't be a life changing decision.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

ic892003: Yeah, I was considering that at first. But since I'm gonna replace the springs I figure I might as well replace the other.

Byers: Yeah, we all have our aggresive driving habits. Not gonna lie about that. I noticed there are some different H & R ones, and I feel that the 3/4" won't be enough and the 1 3/4 in the front on the others will be too much.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:06 PM

I'm actually eventually planning on lowering my car as well. Just got new tires and 17" wheels.I'm planning on getting the H&R sports springs. Can I get away with keeping my OEM shocks/struts if I just buy them.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

probably not. the sport springs lower your car more than an 1.5" if i remember correctly.

your OEM struts may OR may not handle the continuous extra compression. If the struts do start to leak, then just get some aftermarket ones when they do.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
mxs
HCF Member

your stock shocks don't provide enough dampening for stiff springs. it will work for a while but it will be less than ideal and you will blow your shocks eventually. save up and buy some good adjustables.

Quick Reply: It's really time to lower my car, Need some help