Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

kontica struts, YES

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:02 AM
HCF Member
Default kontica struts, YES

i just installed kontica illumina struts in the front of my hatch, if i would have known the ride i was going to get, i would have paid double. they are truly awesome. i drive a winedy road for 5 miles everyday to get to work, so i know the roadf realy well and in several places i had to drive on the wrong side od the road to keep from bottoming, today i did not bottom, so iturned around and went faster, without crossing over, and still did not bottom. so i turned around again to get to work and went faster (65-70 in a residential populated canyon) and tried to bottom and nothing, not one groan of protest. so if you happen to need struts in front i highly recomend these, btw the ones i took out are kyb i installed 2 mo's ago myself,

Old 04-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Default RE: kontica struts, YES

where did you buy them from and how much?

Old 04-28-2005, 11:13 PM

hey jw i might have to come visit some of those windey roads with u. lucky bastard, u get to have fun everyday on ur drive to work lol.

Old 04-29-2005, 04:00 AM
HCF Member

yes and on my way home, it is a nice drive, if you are serious ill e-mail you map, or you can quest it yourself, i'll p.m. the address to you.
and playa i ordered them thru a local shop called ohc motoring for $120.00 a corner. you could probably get them cheaper on line or something but i personaly dont care if i spend a little more, without the local high performance shops id be lost half of the time, if they dont get bussiness, they cant stay in bussiness, i cant get what i need. you follow? also these are 5 position adjustable struts, and all you need is a little screw driver, i keep one of the kind with 4 sizes on a disk on my keychain and it adjusted with ease.
ORIGINAL: blackeyes

hey jw i might have to come visit some of those windey roads with u. lucky bastard, u get to have fun everyday on ur drive to work lol.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:48 AM

Do you mean Tokico Illuminas?

Old 05-03-2005, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

ummm........ if you say so, i did......did i state the wrong name? well that just proves how excited i was, thank you kappa for settin me straight. ya they are performing quite well, when my new rack and pinion finnaly get here (hopefully today) i'll realy be able to tell then.

(where in the he$$ did i come up with kontica, idunno)