Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

KYB or Eibach...need opinion for this naive suspensino guy...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 AM
HCF Member
Default KYB or Eibach...need opinion for this naive suspensino guy...

So I've got the option of buying one of these for my ride with blown shocks and cut springs...Ahhh...the people I bought this from SUCK.

KYB GR-2 adjustable shocks and springs/coilovers

OR

Eibach sportline shocks and springs/coilovers

both $250 and like new in the box.

I cant find anything on Google about either one of these...take a look for me and let me know what you think.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/1329892808.html

Or should I not do either one and go with some Vogtland springs and ? for shocks. Springs are $130.00 if that effects anything.

This is mostly a daily driver with the occasional heavy foot. Nothing crazy. Thanks!

Last edited by naex; 08-20-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
HCF Member

first off, KYB GR-2 shocks are not adjustable, they are practically OEM replacement. although they would still be an upgrade. but i don't have any experience with these that you are looking at. the KYB shocks that are adjustable are the AGXs, and are supposed to be orange, but some are closer to being red. I have these and they are awesome.

as for the eibach setup, I have no idea if those shocks are any good, but the springs are awesome.

I have the Eibach sportlines with KYB AGX shocks and the setup is great, I recommend this setup to anyone.

if you are looking for a liitle cheaper, then look into the eibach pro kit springs with Tokico HP shocks

Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Sigracer10

I have the Eibach sportlines with KYB AGX shocks and the setup is great, I recommend this setup to anyone.
i have the AGX/sportlines also and love it also
you could also buy the tokico HP kit i had that on my old EG and liked it

Old 08-20-2009, 01:08 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I would look into other struts if I were you. Tokico HP's are good for the money. I daily drive them with Neuspeed springs and the ride is just fine. But +1 on Eibach springs, had them on another car and loved them.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:55 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't get either of those since they come with what appear to be no-name sleeve coilovers.

Like mentioned, those KYB shocks aren't adjustable. But KYB does make good stuff. I had AGX's (which are adjustable) on Tein High tech springs and enjoyed them for about a year before I got some tein coilovers.

Eibach makes good springs, but I dont know anything about their shocks.

If he's willing to part out, I'd get the KYB shocks and find some good springs like the Eibach pro-kits to throw on there.