Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need feedback for full coilover kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:29 AM
HCF Member
Default Need feedback for full coilover kit

ok guys, i plan on lowering my car 2'' or so, and i was looking on ebay for a good full coilover kit for a decent price and i found this one so tell me if thats a deal or not. thanks

Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 PM

Just saw this post. Looks like the listing has ended so I can't see it but I'm assuming you were looking at some Skunk2 Sport Coilovers? If so, there's nothing really wrong with them and they are a pretty good brand. The most complaints I've heard about their coilovers is having a harsh ride. The sports especially I can see this being true as their shocks aren't adjustable. Their spring rates are also a little high if you're looking for any sort of comfort on the street. For the price they aren't bad.

I've somewhat recently stumbled upon Progress Technology coilovers that impress me. They offer a few sets with different spring rates. Progress is a good company and well known in the racing community up there with the likes of Skunk2.

If you want more ride comfort, I'd suggest either of these 2 kits. They are around the same price as the Skunk2's and they offer lower spring rates than the Skunk2's and are probably better suited for the shocks making a better ride on the road. I will however note that if you're looking to slam your car, these probably aren't the best as I don't think they go incredibly low. I'm sure they will go the 2" you are looking for and probably a little more, but again, not dumped scraping all to hell like an idiot... lol

If you don't care about racing and want the best comfort while still having quite a sporty suspension I'd suggest this set
http://www.progressauto.com/products.../productID/595

If you want a slightly more aggressive setup but still comfortable on the street, these are better suited.
http://www.progressauto.com/products.../productID/644

Also, these are easier to install/remove as they are one piece coilovers. The adjustment perch is threaded into the shock body as one piece instead of having coilover sleeves which can be a hassle sometimes. If you've done any work on suspension, these should be a quite and easy install. If you haven't then even better as the process will be much less intimidating.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

thanks for the reply, which ones would you personally recommend? im not using the car for racing yet, since the engine is stock and until i get a swap will look to get racing parts, but just looking for stability since where i live i drive on curves alot, but still get that sport look, i dont want it slammed either lol! i want it to look like the example picture of the hatch on the links you put up.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM

I would personally go with the second link that offers 350front 350 rear spring rates. It'll still be comfortable on the street but handle a load better than stock and better slightly better than the first link. Even more so if you plan on swapping the engine for a slightly heavier one.