Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need help picking first set of rims!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:42 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: Need help picking first set of rims!!

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

if u want a lightweight wheel that look better than most chromed out 20" riimzzz, why not buy rotas? reason soo many ppl have them is because their a great wheel. 12-12.5lbs each, 15x6.5(yet to find 15x7's, someone prove me wrong), and can be had new for ~$450, good used condition with tires ~$400. wether u like the style or not, is ur opinion and ur entiled, but when it comes down to performance/style/price, theres not much else that can really beat em.
http://www.machiii.net/wheels/Rota_Slipstream.html

even 15x8s if you want them.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

lol what is everyone's obsession with those dumb rota's on HCF??!?!? they dont even look that good, i dont get the interest in them.......especially wen everyone and their mother has the damn things.....lol sorry about that i was just siick of hearing about rota's
You're rocking painted steelies, you aren't allowed to rip on any aftermarket wheels
hahahahahahahaha, i didn't even realize this, lol

Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

if u want a lightweight wheel that look better than most chromed out 20" riimzzz, why not buy rotas? reason soo many ppl have them is because their a great wheel. 12-12.5lbs each, 15x6.5(yet to find 15x7's, someone prove me wrong), and can be had new for ~$450, good used condition with tires ~$400. wether u like the style or not, is ur opinion and ur entiled, but when it comes down to performance/style/price, theres not much else that can really beat em.
I agree. They are exceptionally light for cast aluminum wheels. I emailed Discount Tire, asking if they had any "lightweight" 15 or 16-inch wheels that are under 16 lbs. They replied with: "No!" Any 15-inch wheel that is safely engineered to weigh only 12.5 lbs and cost $120 is a good buy in my book. Check around to see how many other manufacturers offer the same variety of styles at weights like that and you will have a hard time finding any. Rotas are popular for good reason.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

lol you make a valid point with the steelies comment, that will be changed very soon.................and its an obsession wen you go into any thread about rims and ppl are talking about rota's, it just gets really old. w/e i didnt mean for ppl to get their panties all in a bunch lol im just sick of seein them around all the time. Mayb youll agree with me when 99.9% of HCF is all rockin rotas in different colors.........

Old 05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

Everyone's got Honda Civics, too. Should we switch to Hyundai Tiburons?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: conceptualpolymer

Everyone's got Honda Civics, too. Should we switch to Hyundai Tiburons?
lol, you made a funny, hehe

and i was wondering, what threads are you talking about where they obsess with rotas? i haven't seemed to find any, most other websites (jdm fanboy types) all criticize them instead of obsess over them.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

Scroder, where in AK you at? I live in Ketchikan and i might beable to have a barge send to your city, therefore barge=cheap shipping!

Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

well i dont kno, nor do i care about other websites that talk about rota's....i am talking about this one....go to any rim related thread in the suspension wheel section and you will find someone who mentions rotas. Whether or not the person even has rotas on their car that started the thread, someone will still mention them. "Oh well those are niice but i woulda gotten rota's myself", "how heavy are those, the rota's are way lighter", "ive been hoping to get some rota's i really like bronze on black". You all know what im talking about so stop acting like im the only one who has noticed it. Its another fad, like yo-yo's and tie-dye....give it a couple of months and you will all have found another wheel to OBSESS over. And that anology was terrible, everyone that has a honda civic, mods it in their own unique way to seperate themselves from every other one while still being in the civic community. So unless your gonna start modding the rota's they are all the same (i am aware that color and model could change that but since its the same models and same 2 colors all the time it doesnt apply) Theres so more ammunition to fight me with lol

Old 05-10-2007, 07:56 PM

well considering rotas and the fad have been around for a hella long time, i dont really see it getting thrown out the door anytime soon, atleast not within a couple months. they'll always be around and they'll always be seen as a good buy due to the obvious facts of what u get from them for the price. untill another company can beat/match the price, vast amount of sizes, lightweights,colors, styles,etc, they arnt going anywhere. even then if something like that comes out, im sure rotas will still be around with their feet planted firmly on the ground. i think just about everyone on a somewhat tight budget and interest in performance should really consider them. ya its a fad, but dont deny a great buy...

Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

ur right, they are a good buy im not saying they arent.., i was just noting the "what apppeared to be" recent heightned obsession with them. I just really dont like the look of them myself, and was just wondering if there was something i was missing to reason why everyone else liked them but me, so it seems. I guess its just opinion though, so i apologize to all whom i may offended by str8 up dissin rota's

Quick Reply: Need help picking first set of rims!!