Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need help picking first set of rims!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:40 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need help picking first set of rims!!

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

lol you make a valid point with the steelies comment, that will be changed very soon.................and its an obsession wen you go into any thread about rims and ppl are talking about rota's, it just gets really old. w/e i didnt mean for ppl to get their panties all in a bunch lol im just sick of seein them around all the time. Mayb youll agree with me when 99.9% of HCF is all rockin rotas in different colors.........
name 10 people that have Rota's... go ahead. I can imedately think of 2...

Old 05-11-2007, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

ive got some white 17" rims for sale, check my gallery and PM me if your interested. I'll cut ya a deal since your a fellow HCFer too

Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

i dont need to think of 10 ppl........because i didnt say everyone had them, i said everyone talks about them and obsesses over them and i can think of 4 ppl immediatly.......but i already gave up here anyways so you guys win congrats lol

Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

well i dont kno, nor do i care about other websites that talk about rota's....i am talking about this one....go to any rim related thread in the suspension wheel section and you will find someone who mentions rotas. Whether or not the person even has rotas on their car that started the thread, someone will still mention them. "Oh well those are niice but i woulda gotten rota's myself", "how heavy are those, the rota's are way lighter", "ive been hoping to get some rota's i really like bronze on black". You all know what im talking about so stop acting like im the only one who has noticed it. Its another fad, like yo-yo's and tie-dye....give it a couple of months and you will all have found another wheel to OBSESS over. And that anology was terrible, everyone that has a honda civic, mods it in their own unique way to seperate themselves from every other one while still being in the civic community. So unless your gonna start modding the rota's they are all the same (i am aware that color and model could change that but since its the same models and same 2 colors all the time it doesnt apply) Theres so more ammunition to fight me with lol

Well, I guess you didn't notice this modified Rota, did you? Yes, you CAN modify Rotas!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5780/301AF62A32874AF183FFC003114801E3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2007, 01:38 PM

ur right, they are a good buy im not saying they arent.., i was just noting the "what apppeared to be" recent heightned obsession with them. I just really dont like the look of them myself, and was just wondering if there was something i was missing to reason why everyone else liked them but me, so it seems. I guess its just opinion though, so i apologize to all whom i may offended by str8 up dissin rota's
no offense taken here, and i hope i didnt offend u, that wasnt my intention. i was just trying to explain why ppl back up and recommend rotas. wether u like em or not is ur opinion, and thats cool i respect that. why it may seem like all of a sudden ppl are throwing the name rota around, i dunno, it just happens. maybe more ppl are looking into them and would like to share their own thoughts about them. w/e the case may be, lets just end the pointless blabbering

Old 05-11-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

lol agreed, no hard feelings

Old 05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

^ the reason the name might be going around a lot lately is probably because it's the beginning of summer and lots of people like to bust out some new performance "shoes" for something different.

(and i've got them, so i can vouch for them, lol )

Old 05-20-2007, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

true, as soon as I get my graduation money, I'm buying some slips. Let me say why
-They are light weight
-They are hella cheap
-They are relatvely high quality
-They look semi modest, and I don't like flashy wheels personally
-I can't find anything else in the same price range that matches the looks, subtlety, weight, or general characteristics of them
-I could care less if other people have them...they are an AMAZING buy.

I understand wanting to have something different, but with so many styles that they have, in this day and age, unless you want something different than everyone else, I can't understand why you'd buy anything else (with a few exceptions such as flick's, hanabi's, etc. that also offer the same benefits.)