Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

need a nice suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Default need a nice suspension!

i've got a 93 del sol that i'm dropping a gsr motor into in the next month or 2. that's not where i need the suspension help. over this year i'll be building the suspension of the car to give me a good setup for the turbo i'll be running. in the end i'll be about 400whp using a gt30r and will need a nice setup to get that power to the ground. yes i know i won't have traction in 1st, 2nd and most of 3rd but i also won't be using my 400whp map all the time... probably only for serious races on the I. anyways. i was looking at Tein adjustable coilovers which i know isa great name but wondering if anybody has used them on this site and how well they worked for you. also looking for any advise on other brands and setups. thanks.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: need a nice suspension!

well tein is a very good brand, suspension wise. im rocking the Tein S-Tech springs on KYB AGX adjustable struts and i think its an amazing set-up.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:32 AM

well i think i deffinatly wanna go coilover (even though they are rediculously expensive) i'm going to need every bit of help i can get to not spin as much as possible.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:03 PM

assuming this will be for drag purpose, coilovers with high rear spring rates would be best. high front spring rates would be good too to help prevent some wheel hop, but slightly higher spring rates in the rear will also prevent the front of the car lifting a little from weight transfer. also highly suggest traction bars.

i can personally vouch for Koni Yellows and Ground Controls. great setup and can request custom spring rates. also cheaper in price but just as good and in most cases better quality than most other setups.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:34 AM

thanks for all the help civicx. this is going to be a street car DD. As for you comment about Koni Yellow's and Ground Control - are these brands, names or both?

Old 09-14-2007, 09:49 AM

Yes, Koni is a suspension brand, yellow is the kind of shock. Ground Control is a type of sleeve coilover made by Eibach. BTW, civicx what site did you order your GC's from? I've never seen a place that lets you request the spring rates, that's kind of awesome...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Everyday Getaway

Yes, Koni is a suspension brand, yellow is the kind of shock. Ground Control is a type of sleeve coilover made by Eibach. BTW, civicx what site did you order your GC's from? I've never seen a place that lets you request the spring rates, that's kind of awesome...
+1. Koni Yellow Sports(or Race). Koni is the company, Sports is the kind of shock, Sport or Race gives a little more info on valving. Ground Control is a brand that makes sleeves and uses Eibach springs.

i ordered mine from www.redshiftmotorsports.com. u just specify what brand/type shock u'll be using and let them know what spring rates u want and they'll order it from GC. i know its not the only place the offers custom rates, just one of the reputable and friendly sites. i can vouch for both the Koni/GC setup and RedShiftMotorsports. the suspension is top notch and RedShift has great customer communication with a strong reputation.