Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

QUESTION ABOUT SPRINGS! NEED YOUR HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Default QUESTION ABOUT SPRINGS! NEED YOUR HELP!

sup everyone,
i have a 02 honda civic coupe..i bought some Tein S-Tech lowering springs for my car, but have no installed them yet due to some issues with my dad. he won't let me put them on b/c he thinks it will do more harm than good to my car!!! alright heres the deal, he thinks that if i put the springs on, the body of the car now would be so close to the tires that if i were to go over a dip or a bump that the tires would come up and hit the body, thus in the long run cause problems. i counter that by saying i don't think that would be much of a problem, but he thinks otherwise.

i have on 17" Velox Scythe Gunmental rims, with some Kumho Ecsta ASX tires with specs: 215-45-17

so my question i ask all ya'll who have fixed up Honda civics, is that will installing the Tein S-tech springs cause my tires to slam against the car body if i were to go over a dip or a speedbump unexpectedly?? or will the suspension and shock allow clearance of the dip/speedbump without any problems.

1 more thing say i do install the springs...how fast would my tires wear out even after i get them realigned???

any imput/suggestions/personal experience would be greatly appreciated! THANKS

Old 10-09-2005, 02:46 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT SPRINGS! NEED YOUR HELP!

Well, as far as the rubbing situation, it all depends on the offset of your wheels and what kind of shape your struts are in. It would be hard to say for sure. If I had to guess, I think you will be okay since the S-Tech springs don't lower it dramatically. Also, if you get an alignment, there won't be any difference in how fast your tires wear. As long as your camber is straight and you get an alignment, you will be all set. Good Luck!!!

Old 10-09-2005, 02:59 PM

You should be fine with S-Techs and 17s. Like sam said, they only drop about 1.5 to 1.75", so you won't have serious camber problems. Plenty of Civics run 17s with 2"+ drop and no problems.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

just to let you no, next time you dont have to post the same queston 3 different times, but i no, some other forum you got to do that to get a anser, but not this one, just put it in the right section[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

Dont worry, put them on and you'll be happy. Tires wont hit the car, because the springs are stiffer then stock, so the rider will be a bit harder, handling will be a little better.