Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Rear (anti) sway bar and reinforcement

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Rear (anti) sway bar and reinforcement

I see, I'm assuming they designed it that way so you can use it with control arms that don't have mounting holes for swaybar endlinks.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

I see, I'm assuming they designed it that way so you can use it with control arms that don't have mounting holes for swaybar endlinks.
yeah someone on here had something similar to that design. it was weird tho, the shock nut was on the other side of LCA. like as if the shock were turn around.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:48 PM

You do know that the Beaks Kit you linked to doesn't have the tie brace in it what so ever. It's just the sway bar and the mounting hardwear, if you added THIS it'd get you around the same price and this imo is where the ASR has more going for it....... The ASR kit you're gettin the plate, the sway bar and mounting brackets....

Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 AM
mxs
HCF Member

The useful part of the Beaks kit IS the subframe reinforcement. The ASR kit is a big fat piece of subframe reinforcement. My Suspension Techniques kit has a 3-part piece of subframe reinforcement. It's there to keep the thing from tearing apart. They all do it in a different way.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Yeah, I just want the sway bar and reinforcement. I feel that having after having a sway bar, that the tie bar will just be added weight. I can't imagine it being that useful. But, as far as funds go right now, I'm going with the beaks full kit (ITR sway bar, reinforcement, etc) amd if I feel it's necessary, I can't get the beaks tie bar.

Thanks for everyones input!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

You do know that the Beaks Kit you linked to doesn't have the tie brace in it what so ever. It's just the sway bar and the mounting hardwear, if you added THIS it'd get you around the same price and this imo is where the ASR has more going for it....... The ASR kit you're gettin the plate, the sway bar and mounting brackets....
the Beaks kit is a no bling kit...they provide the hardware that is NEEDED, not an addedfancy plate covering the subframe that does no more than a lower tie bar will do. that link u posted is to their lower tie bar. its not part of their subframe kit but is designed to fit with their kit because other lower tie bars will not fit. the mounting points hit the subframe brackets, i tried with my BomzRacing lower tie bar and it didnt fit.

heres the beaks kit, those 4 golden pieces are the subframe reinforcement. they sandwich the part of the subframe the swaybar bolts up to, giving more support to the stress points. thats all u need to prevent tearout.
Name:  SRK_EK_50_big.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  30.1 KB

heres the ASR kit. notice how it has the same exact pieces the Beaks kit has.the big brackets main job is to shinelol.
Name:  ASR_brace_EK.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  25.8 KB

if u've ever seen a torn subframe, u'll know that it tears out right where the swaybar mounts up to the subframe. exactly where those brackets are placed...

Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Yeah, I'm definitely not looking for bling, I'm looking for functionality over looks. So, the beaks kit does the trick.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

well it's not just bling, it's a tie bar and you don't have to drill holes. But the beaks kit is a good choice.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

well it's not just bling, it's a tie bar and you don't have to drill holes. But the beaks kit is a good choice.
for the 5th gens, esp with a 22mm+ sway bar, u need to drill holes. the factory mounting holes are way to close together. their for like a 15mm bar or something small. when u go to 22mm, the bushings are larger and the d-bracets are larger so u need to drillholes to match. u only need to drill 2 holes and make the toptwo factory holes larger for the new bolts Beaks provides. acouple metal drill bits with an electric drill get the jobdone without hassel.the subframe islike thin sheet metal..

Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm not saying the ASR is end all be all, I was mirly pointing out compairing the two price wise was pointless when the two kits weren't even the same thing.... I linked their tie bar because I was showing that the cost of their tie bar was the same as the difference between the two kits and it imo shows why I'd rather have the ASR unit..

And for me, I could care less if the ASR is shiney or not. I didn't buy my kit for bling, I got it for the ITR sway bar, the brace and the mounting hardwear.

Quick Reply: Rear (anti) sway bar and reinforcement