Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Rear (anti) sway bar and reinforcement

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rear (anti) sway bar and reinforcement

Wow, this was so interesting to read.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:31 PM
June 2010 ROTM

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

I'm not saying the ASR is end all be all, I was mirly pointing out compairing the two price wise was pointless when the two kits weren't even the same thing.... I linked their tie bar because I was showing that the cost of their tie bar was the same as the difference between the two kits and it imo shows why I'd rather have the ASR unit..

And for me, I could care less if the ASR is shiney or not. I didn't buy my kit for bling, I got it for the ITR sway bar, the brace and the mounting hardwear.
Right, they aren't the same. I don't care to have the "tie bar" anymore and thus the fact the ASR's kit is had everything the Beaks kit has but also has the tie bar doesn't make a difference to me. So I'd be spending whatever the difference is on something I don't want. Now, if in the future I change my mind and want to tie bar, well Beaks gives me the option of buying it separate. Sure I might end up spending more in the long run, but as of right now, I'll be saving money.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: danomatic93

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

I'm not saying the ASR is end all be all, I was mirly pointing out compairing the two price wise was pointless when the two kits weren't even the same thing.... I linked their tie bar because I was showing that the cost of their tie bar was the same as the difference between the two kits and it imo shows why I'd rather have the ASR unit..

And for me, I could care less if the ASR is shiney or not. I didn't buy my kit for bling, I got it for the ITR sway bar, the brace and the mounting hardwear.
Right, they aren't the same. I don't care to have the "tie bar" anymore and thus the fact the ASR's kit is had everything the Beaks kit has but also has the tie bar doesn't make a difference to me. So I'd be spending whatever the difference is on something I don't want. Now, if in the future I change my mind and want to tie bar, well Beaks gives me the option of buying it separate. Sure I might end up spending more in the long run, but as of right now, I'll be saving money.
Good choice then for your money

Old 12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

Just thought of something i forgot earlier, the ASR distributes through 3 load points not just 2 i think. They give you longer LCA bolts and it goes through that as well.