Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Sag Fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Sag Fix

Alright, My '98 DX Coupe is starting to get its post 100K suspension sag(My '91 Prelude did the same thing). I am looking to replace it with good parts, but not high end stuff. I need to replace the springs and want to replace the struts while I am at it. I have been to the local parts store where I live(Napa, O'Reilly's, Autozone, and Advance) and none carry OEM springs. Advance carries a set of 4 Eibach Springs that will lower the front and rear by 1.8 inches, it is the Sportline Series.TheHondadealership here will gouge me, they will probably want 400 forreplacement springs. It is 234.44 before tax. I want to replace the struts with Sensa-Tracs and those will cose 262 for a set of four.

My questions are:

will these bits bolt on as is, or do I need buy something else? Advance said I did not need anything else. (We have the things to hold the springs down.)

Is there something else OEM to Premium OEM level better than Monroe Sensatracs or the Eibach Springs?

Feel free to ask for more details. I am a delivery driver looking to make it handle a bit better and ride at the proper height. I'm not aiming to race this car.

Thanks in advance.