Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Serious sway bar help!! pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 AM
HCF Member
Default Serious sway bar help!! pics

ok so i bought a rear sway bar off a guy from local forum he siad its everthing i need....now having looked at other ones online they have the brackets that mount underneath as well as endlinks...any idea how this bolts up or do i need to buy the endlinks and the two brackets? this bar used to be blue and is 19mm i painted it red.

if anyone has one on their car could you take some pics of it on it so i can get an idea what i need or how to bolt it up
thanks

Name:  100_0910.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  86.0 KBName:  100_0909.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  71.2 KB

Old 08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Default RE: Serious sway bar help!! pics

looks like u bought the wrong sway bar. that looks like abar for the front of a car which is not a 92-95 civic.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

****!!! i asked him what it was out of he said 95 bubble

Old 08-26-2007, 09:54 AM

Actually that sway bar should work. The black bracets bolt to the lower shock bolt that goes thru the LCA.... there is a write up on H-T where the poster is using a sway bar exactly the same set up.... and now my comp doesn't like thier site... I'll try to find you a link when it works again.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

if you can find that link ill love you long time!! lol

Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Well my comp still isn't talkin to H-T BUT I found a pic that shows what I'm talking about:

This is how the brackets should look like, this was how the DIY I read showed them.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:41 AM

oic how it works. u'll still need to get d-brackets, bushings, and hardware to mount it up to ur subframe. by the design, im not sure where exactly the sway bar mounts up to the subframe, hopefully not at one of the bends. how thick is the sway bar? u may need some sort of subframe brace to prevent tearout.

EDIT: looks like it may interfear with the exhaust too. any other pics of installed?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 AM

This is one of the add on brace units that has the brackets for the sway bar:

If you look at where the bushing is and then slightly right you'll see a second pair of bolts, this is the OE mounting possition for the sway bar and the factory has a bracket (similar to the pic minus the cross brace) that bolts in place to hold up the sway bar.

If you don't have the bushing mounts to mount it to the car, you're gonna have to find them. Me personally I'd say get one of the brace kits (like the one above or an ASR brace) just to add the extra strength to the assembly....

NINJA edit, that's a pic of an EK.... the EG platform's have the lca outwards of the sway bar mounts....

Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 AM

yeah thats an EK and also a different swaybar design. u'll need to figure out the thickness of the swaybar to determin what kind of subframe kit to use.

note that in those 2 pictures the LCA/damper bolts are facing in different directions. if ur using oem shocks or even an aftermarket shock, u still may not be able to mount the swaybar endlinks because of the way the shock is designed.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

Oh, and your not working under that car with on that floor jack holding it up are you? As in, put some floor jacks under it before you get under it.

Quick Reply: Serious sway bar help!! pics