Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Skunk2 Camber Kit Pro Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:29 PM
HCF Member
Default Skunk2 Camber Kit Pro Series

I just put on some new Skunk2 Camber Pro Series control arms on my Acura Integra, which is nothing more than an over-glorified civic or del sol, essentially.

The job was pretty easy, and even easier if you have all the right tools. It's so easy that you could probably do it by yourself, but it's MUCH easier with two people passing tools back and forth.

I put on the kit, because I lowered my car a while back with some aftermarket coilover springs that put the front alignment slightly out of spec. The passenger side control arm ball-joint was always bad, so they finally gave up the ghost recently. That led to my car bouncing all over the road at high speeds.

I just wanted to give you guys considering a skunk2 kit some quick advice. They come in three levels: entry-level Tuner series, mid-level Pro series (which I chose), and top-end Pro Series Plus.

I chose the mid-level Pro series because of cost (like duh) and design. They have a "down" facing adjustment face (the gold looking plate on the arm).

The Tuner series has an "up" facing adjustment plate that exposes the adjustment allen screws upward. These sometimes hit the top of the wheel well, leading to screw or wheel well damage and screw loosening.

The Pro Plus series also has a downward facing plate, but comes with polyurethane bushings and new bolt hardware and u-brace arch, for better handling (at considerably more cost, of course).

I hope the tip helps you guys considering a Skunk2 kit. And here's the car my new kit went on:

Name:  IMG_2729.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  48.3 KB

Old 08-31-2009, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the little review. Definitely going to keep this in mind for my civic.