Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

skunk2 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
HCF Member
Default skunk2 problem

just replace my stock spring with skunk2 with AGX ,and i didnt expected that the result,IT WAS MESS UP, MY CAR IS RUNNING LIKE A **** RIGHTNOW!!
need help how to minimize the stiffness of the coil spring my stock is far from better than skunk2

plss need some advise how to make it more softer

Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

lol, what do yo expect? Of coarse your car is gunna ride like **** and be rough. You lowered i and thats what happens. Although your setup is way it is more stiff than others. You need to look into spring rates and such next you drop your car.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM

It's called research. Do it before you buy something.

What setting are the shocks/struts set to?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
June 2010 ROTM

lol, yeah the AGX shocks have 4 settings. Soft -> Hard

I have the same setup and it's not that bad. It's definitely not stock cloud driving, but it's not as rough as a tank, lol.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:11 PM
HCF Member

How low did you drop the car? The lower you go with coilovers the harder the ride becomes. As this changes the spring rate. Anything over 2" is going to be ruff has H3LL.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
lol, what do yo expect? Of coarse your car is gunna ride like **** and be rough. You lowered i and thats what happens. Although your setup is way it is more stiff than others. You need to look into spring rates and such next you drop your car.
stock civic must be the softest thing ever because I've been in other compact cars, vans, trucks and my lowered civic on settings 3(4 is stiffest) up front and 5/6(8 stiffest) in back feels just the same, it's not bad at all. And this is with 17's/low profile tires.

when I set it to 2 up front and like 4 in back, it just feels like butter on the road. If I put it one 1 up front I'd probably rub a lot going over bumps.

I know coilovers are stiff as hell, but agx's should be a very comfortable ride as long as the springs aren't trying to be like coilovers.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
stock civic must be the softest thing ever because I've been in other compact cars, vans, trucks and my lowered civic on settings 3(4 is stiffest) up front and 5/6(8 stiffest) in back feels just the same, it's not bad at all. And this is with 17's/low profile tires.

when I set it to 2 up front and like 4 in back, it just feels like butter on the road. If I put it one 1 up front I'd probably rub a lot going over bumps.

I know coilovers are stiff as hell, but agx's should be a very comfortable ride as long as the springs aren't trying to be like coilovers.
why did u quote me?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
why did u quote me?
read what you wrote. You were talking about lowered civics being rough. When I bought my civic it already had 2054017's, never sat drove it with stock rims/tires.

I hear all this talk about lowered rides being rough so I pointed out my experience with it.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
When I bought my civic it already had 2054017's, never sat drove it with stock rims/tires.
Disclaimer: It was hard to understand what you said and the next two sentences only apply if I got what you said right.

So you have nothing to compare it to. If you think any ride height on 205/40/17's is like butter, then with 195/55/15 you'll feel like you're riding on a cloud, and on stock tire size you'd think the car wasn't even moving.

I was on 205/40/17's with KYB AGX shocks on 1 or 2, and H&R Sport Springs, and every bump felt like driving over train tracks.
I've also experienced stock 13" rims on the H&R/KYB setup, which was like riding on a cloud; 13" rims at stock height (which felt so soft that words can't describe); and 15" rims (195/50/15) tires on the H&R/KYB setup, which can be rough over big bumps but small bumps are not felt.

Lowered Civics are rougher than non-lowered Civics, but this isn't because of simply ride height, it's because all lowering springs are stiffer than the stock springs, so when you're using anything besides stock, it's going to be more rough to at least some degree.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-31-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Disclaimer: It was hard to understand what you said and the next two sentences only apply if I got what you said right.

So you have nothing to compare it to. If you think any ride height on 205/40/17's is like butter, then with 195/55/15 you'll feel like you're riding on a cloud, and on stock tire size you'd think the car wasn't even moving.

I was on 205/40/17's with KYB AGX shocks on 1 or 2, and H&R Sport Springs, and every bump felt like driving over train tracks.
I've also experienced stock 13" rims on the H&R/KYB setup, which was like riding on a cloud; 13" rims at stock height (which felt so soft that words can't describe); and 15" rims (195/50/15) tires on the H&R/KYB setup, which can be rough over big bumps but small bumps are not felt.

Lowered Civics are rougher than non-lowered Civics, but this isn't because of simply ride height, it's because all lowering springs are stiffer than the stock springs, so when you're using anything besides stock, it's going to be more rough to at least some degree.
well I know for a fact vans and suvs and most compact cars have a soft suspension setup. I clearly explained myself.

And by comparing those to MY car, then to say others think lowered cars are like driving over "train tracks" something does not sound right.