Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

small suspension/tire/wheel project

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Default RE: small suspension/tire/wheel project

talked to the local shop that has the Falken Hanabi's in stock. said he'll match or beat the best price i can find online...i've only found 2 websites(www.edgeracing.com & www.1010tires.com) with the bronze Hanabi's, edgeracing has em for $405 shipped(tho they dont have them in stock right now..)and 1010tires has em for $475 shipped. so i should be able to get these wheels for about$400 which is awesome. i was j/w if anyone else knows any other websites that sells these wheels to see if i can possibly get them a little cheaper. thanks!! if i buy from this local guy, i'll prolly get the wheels this weekend and get those Azenis mounted next week

Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

man, good stuff. Yeah i don't know from what i've read if you really want to upgrade front sway bar. Lot's of the reading i've been doing has suggested against it unless you're rear sway is overkill (which it doesn't seem to be), but then agian, you prob know more than i do.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:46 PM

little update but not much of one lol. i was supposed to pick up the wheels this past saturday, went to the bank to get the $400 but apparently i already ran my limit for my account for the month sooo now i gota wait till next weekend[:@]. o well, ill still have the wheels/tires on before the next race(april 15th). i asked the guy at work how muchit would be to mount/balance and do an alignment(i need one), thats gena be $40 so once i get the wheels, ill get all that done asap. i also just put up my other wheels on ebay last night, hoping to get atleast $200 for em...

i've decided that if i get that $200, ill add a couple other things to the list:
- lightweight battery(havnt researched what kind yet)
-oem front lip
-amber corners
-brake pads(possibly Hawk, will research more..)
-ek sideskirts(depending on whats left over and if i want to spend more..)

Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Hawk HPS

Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

gold rota GT-3s for teh crack-rock win, babee!!1 lol.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

gold rota GT-3s for teh crack-rock win, babee!!1 lol.
lol ya, i like em but they weight and cost more than the Hanabi's...plus my friend with an just got a set for his'02SIso i'd rather not get em now haha.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:07 PM

ok welli should be picking up the wheels on wednesday now that i have the money in hand. ill prolly have the tires mounted and everything on hopefully by the end of this week if possible. i also hope to order the LCA's by this weekend so i can get them on and have the alignment done by end of next week. im really depending on my wheels to sell on ebay so ill be able to buy the LCA's this weekend. so far theres 4 days left, 125 views, and i've already gotten a couple emails from a couple different ppl that are interested, so i really hope it will sell. im also going to be picking up brand new Energy Suspension shifter bushings for free from a local guy that no longer has his civic and just wants them gone.

now the question is, what color LCA do u think would look best? keep in mind ill have bronze wheels and prolly be getting the gold colored Beak's rear lower tie bar.
Name:  blox.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  44.6 KB

leaning more towards silver, but i dunno.. i like em all lol.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

looks like a pretty good list and not too expensive either. about the lca, get silver or black because the gold on the tie bar isnt going to match the bronze ones and that wouldnt look good.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:39 PM

ya, im not even sure if ill get the beaks rear lower tie bar, i already have a bomz one... if i did get it, it'd be more for the "bling" factor which i dont care to much for lol. its an easy add on so it's somethingi could do pretty much whenever..im really leaning heavily towards the silver, esp if i keep my bomz bar since it'll match it.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

what made you go bomz and not... omni maybe? I'm not doubting, i'm just curious cuz i'll be getting some new lca's very soon.

(and i can't afford function 7's *slober*)

Quick Reply: small suspension/tire/wheel project