Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

small suspension/tire/wheel project

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: small suspension/tire/wheel project

hey civicex, i think you need some real bling: Function7 lower control arms.

made from real 7000 series billet aluminum, babeeeee. lol.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 PM

i would suggest the energy suspension bushing set over all the mods you are doing. they are a pain to install but you really don't need a press to get the old bushings out. it makes it faster, but certainly not nessesary.

when i did mine it made the biggest difference in the world. over anything i ever done to the car.

basically to install you use a hole saw conneted to a drill, it must be a slightly smaller size than the bushing, then you use a reciprocating saw, and you carefully cut the metal bushing shell on both sides and it will fall out. then you grease the new poly bushing and install it.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

what made you go bomz and not... omni maybe? I'm not doubting, i'm just curious cuz i'll be getting some new lca's very soon.

(and i can't afford function 7's *slober*)
their Blox LCA's, not bomz. i considered Omni but Blox is pretty good and cheaper.

ORIGINAL: drbyers

hey civicex, i think you need some real bling: Function7 lower control arms.

made from real 7000 series billet aluminum, babeeeee. lol.
haaahahaha...yaaa, im not that baller

ORIGINAL: ef4life
i would suggest the energy suspension bushing set over all the mods you are doing. they are a pain to install but you really don't need a press to get the old bushings out. it makes it faster, but certainly not nessesary.

when i did mine it made the biggest difference in the world. over anything i ever done to the car.

basically to install you use a hole saw conneted to a drill, it must be a slightly smaller size than the bushing, then you use a reciprocating saw, and you carefully cut the metal bushing shell on both sides and it will fall out. then you grease the new poly bushing and install it.
this is another possiblity to add to the list. i prolly wont get the whole kit but maybe replace the front bushings and such since the new LCA's and sway barwill come with new bushings. replacing the bushings for me isnt difficult, i have access to a press just for it(perks of working for a honda dealership). maybe later on if i'm really craving for better handling...

EDIT: i've edited the OP...added a few things to the project and i believe thats about it, atleast i kinda hope so lol. it'll hurt my wallet but it'll be great in the end. i just cant wait to be finished

Old 04-03-2007, 03:33 PM

The bushings are cheap. Do eet.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:44 PM

picked up the ES shifter bushings today and just installed em. feels pretty good, bit smoother i guess from all the new grease and feels better shifting. def worth the nothing that i spent for em, well, just a 20min drive,but worth it

Old 04-04-2007, 01:51 PM

WOOOOT! picked up the wheels not long ago and i LOVE them! freakin light as hell..

Name:  IMG_0005-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  58.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  47.3 KB

hopefully ill be able to get the Azenis on em this friday or saturday. my friend orded red Work lug nuts and he's decided he dosnt want them anymore so i might get those from him. he's gena give em to me for $75(he paid $130)and their brand spakin new, never used, prolly still taped up in the package...

[sm=w00t.gif]

Old 04-07-2007, 05:25 PM

update:
got the tires mounted on the wheels last night. also picked up the Work lug nuts from my friend today. put the wheels/lugs on today and freakin love em. i weighted everything a few times over to try to get a fairly accurate estimate on how much i lost. including the lug nuts, i lost 30lbs of unsprung weight total. im really happy with the improvment of performance and style. i just cant wait to really test these tires out at the race

few quick pics i got
Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  24.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0008-1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  27.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0009.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  75.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0010.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  61.7 KB

within the next week ill re-paint my calipers red, paint the drums black, and either tonight or tomorrow ill hopefully be able to order the LCA's.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
mxs
HCF Member

nice progress!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
HCF Member

Very nice!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:55 PM

thanks dude and dudette[sm=smiley4.gif]i've been doing a little more research on the brake setup andi can get the Hawk HPS and Brembo slotted rotors for $230 shipped. this means ill hopefully be able to order them within the next few days, along with the LCA's(which dosnt look like ill be ordering tonight, hopefully tomorrow). i really really hope i can get this stuff installed before the 22nd. theres a race on the 15th that ill be going to which ill run what i have on currently. then ill hopefully be able to make registration for the race on the 22nd and hope to have the brake set and LCA's on before that race. that way ill get see how much of a difference the brakes really make ill just hold off on painting stuff for a couple more weeks...

Quick Reply: small suspension/tire/wheel project