Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Spline drive lug nuts

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 AM
HCF Member
Default Spline drive lug nuts

I have spline drive lug nuts for my wheels but i lost the key. I was told all keys are different and buying another set wont work. Is this true? And if it is wat can i do to get my wheels off. Im screwed if i get a flat right now

Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

You can always see if you can create a new lock key, if you still have package you can phone spline or email them your isbn and they will probably send u a extra key for a charge of course.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

I was missing a lug for my spline Gorilla Brand lug nuts. I went to Autozone and bought some cheap spline lug nuts for $25. The keys and nuts where interchangeable. Could be coincidence but its worth a shot.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

you can bring it to a wheel/tire shop and they should have a way to remove them

Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well depends on the style of lug nut. most likely its a simple tuner set which is common, they have a few different types but if you can find one that looks the same it should work.

but if you cannt find something that wil fit. then simply get a set of STRIPED BOLT SOCKETS. autozone has some. they are for bolts that get the heads striped off, what they do is tear into the metal to bite...
now its best to use a BIG HAMMER to beat the socket onto the nut as good as you can and then use a impact gun to put the spin and push hard into it and it SHOULD bite right into the end of the nut and spin that sucker off.
ive never used it on tuner lugs yet but as long as you can get the socket over the head or portion of the nut you should be able to crank them off easy enough with a impact gun!

worst case scenario if you dont feel like messing with it then go to afew tire/wheel shops and price them to remove the lugs and replace them.... if your lucky they will have some keys that might just work.... or they will just do my method above to crank them off. best part about PAYING THEM to remove them is if they snap the wheel studs they can be hit with the cost to replace them posibly... not a definate..... but posible!