Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Stock Suspension sitting unven?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Stock Suspension sitting unven?

So oh my passenger side i can almost fit my fist between the tire and the fender (quite the wheel gap eh?) and on the driver side i can't get it anywehre close. One of my friends mentioned my driver side is sitting alot lower and now that i look, i notice it too. Any reason for this? What do you guys think is wrong and what can i do to fix it? If its the springs, i'm getting S-Techs within the month, so could i just install them and that would fix the problem? Possibly a shock?

Old 03-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Default RE: Stock Suspension sitting unven?

Could just be that spring sagging, could be combo of spring and strut. I say wait it out till you get the Tein and see how it sits once they're on the car. If it's still uneven after a month of driving consider replacing shocks. When I put my RS*R's on the one side (can't remember which atm) sits lower than the other, but of course the car hasn't been driven in a very long time so I can't say for sure the springs have settled.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

good idea, i'm getting S-Techs and sping compressorsin Mid-April, so we'll see what happens ^

btw Chim i was thinking i havent seen you around the forum in a while. good to see u back

Old 03-23-2007, 01:56 PM

Hard to work on the car in the snow haha. was finishing school and doing the getting a job thing. Snows gone, getting warmer, it will be fixed before summer. Trunk should be done by then too.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

Mine used to do that. It's just theweight biasof driving alone all the time wearing the shocks unevenly.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Replace your 10 year old shocks when you do the springs. Once you have it all apart once you won't want to do it again. Do it right the first time!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

she's right about not wanting to have to do it again...

Old 03-24-2007, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

thats true MXS, they prolly are getting old. Just get some OEM's? I dont really want that much more of a drop than what the S-Techs alreayd give me, the shocks dont drop it anymore do they? And how hard are the shocks compared to the springs to install?

And Sniper that does make sense, seems kinda far fetched but after 9 years i can totally see it happening

Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

Flip my car is the same way, I noticed it about a month or two ago so I'm thinking that street sniper is right.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

the shocks dont drop it anymore do they?
No

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

And how hard are the shocks compared to the springs to install?
You have to take the shocks out ANYWAY when you install the springs. It is not any harder at all.

Quick Reply: Stock Suspension sitting unven?