Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure

Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 AM
HCF Member
Default Tire Pressure

Just an FYI here. I've been running Goodyear Eagle GT tires on my EX for over 38,000 miles so far consistently at 45psi. The max for these tires is 51psi. I've never had a "center of tread will wear faster" problem with them, gas mileage has been much better, and the grip and handling with them is perfectly fine. The only downside at this pressure is ride quality and road noise. So, don't believe the people who tell you not to inflate your tires over the recommended door panel pressure and that it will wear the center of the tread faster. This is simply NOT TRUE as the tread on these tires at 45psi has been wearing perfectly even across the entire tread of each tire. I've never had a single problem with these tires.