Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

The Ultimate Raceland Coilover Review!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:32 PM
HCF Member
Default The Ultimate Raceland Coilover Review!

Dear fellow honda members,

recently i have been looking to stance my car, and slamming it on skunk2 coilover sleeves over kyb agx's were not cutting it.

with the recent start in my career i was able to get some money together for coilovers. perfect. but we all know the hundreds of choices that we have for our civics.

PLEASE READ THIS POINT BEFORE BASHING THE COILOVERS because you've never heard of them, or they sell them on ebay or the price. i cannot recommend these coilovers more if you are properly looking to stance your car and you wanna slam your car, and DAILY it.

Price: i got them shipped to my door for 346$

Quality: the welds on the coilovers look very neat, and as though they have good penetration. and we all know good penetration is key

slammability: i have the rear set all the way down and with 195/55/15's i am tucking a good inch or so of tire. on the front, just barely rubbing on my rolled fenders and still have an 1.5"s of adjustment.

ride: like i said for daily, these things cant be beat. they are super smooth and makes me enjoy riding in my car again. i have hit some pretty severe bumps on I80 and have never bottomed out. and to me, if it doesnt bottom on there, i dont think i ever will.

extras: these coilovers come with a 2 year warranty. so if you wanted to and you dailied your car. you could buy 5 sets of these coilovers and be covered for 10yrs for the same price as some of the more expensive coilovers. Raceland also has outstanding customer service too i might add.

this thread is open for comments BUT before you bash em cause they're cheap read this:About Us

and when you're convinced like i was:Coilover Kit for Honda Civic 92-00 and CRX 89-91

questions are welcome and encouraged.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

dang.... you might just have me convinced. The spring rates sound just about what I want. I wish I had known about these a year ago and I'd have gotten these rather than my s tech and koni setup!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Not to be skeptical, but I am. Let's see how long they last.

Anyways, the 92-95 and 96-00 struts are technically different. Not sure how they are selling them as the same. The LCA bolt on the bottom of the strut on an EG is 84mm, the EK bolt is 80mm, meaning the LCA is slimmer.

If these fit perfectly on an EG, you must use 4mm of spacers (or washers) when installing on an EK, or use EG LCAs.

If these fit perfectly on an EK, you must pry the strut open that additional 4mm when installing on an EG, or use EK LCAs.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Not to be skeptical, but I am. Let's see how long they last.

Anyways, the 92-95 and 96-00 struts are technically different. Not sure how they are selling them as the same. The LCA bolt on the bottom of the strut on an EG is 84mm, the EK bolt is 80mm, meaning the LCA is slimmer.

If these fit perfectly on an EG, you must use 4mm of spacers (or washers) when installing on an EK, or use EG LCAs.

If these fit perfectly on an EK, you must pry the strut open that additional 4mm when installing on an EG, or use EK LCAs.

awww this is very true. we noticed this when i was installing them on my car. the cure. just tighten the bolt until the lca and strut meet eachother. no problems so far.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Shandles
dang.... you might just have me convinced. The spring rates sound just about what I want. I wish I had known about these a year ago and I'd have gotten these rather than my s tech and koni setup!
i researched these coilovers for prolly 10 hrs or so before i decided to buy them, and everyone that switched from the setup you have to this. say the ride is much better.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

you just squeezed it shut rather than using washers?

You should keep us updated on how they hold out.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Shandles
you just squeezed it shut rather than using washers?

You should keep us updated on how they hold out.
ya i did. they dont look they are crimped together if you catch my drift.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:17 AM
HCF Member

right now i drive almost 1000 miles a week because of work and school. still no problems, still super smooth, no unusual noises. the rear is settling nicely

Old 11-13-2011, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

oh and for those who were wondering how slammed is slammed... heres some eye candy

Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

paint that grill man! haha, looking good tho!

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Raceland Coilover Review!