Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

The Ultimate Raceland Coilover Review!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

i did paint the grill?? i want it black lol

Old 11-14-2011, 01:17 PM

lol, well there ya go. If that is how you want the car, looks good to me. The car in general looks good, too. Nice work. Any other plans in the future for the car?

The only thing I would suggest to keep an eye out for is rust around the bottom portion of the strut. If you bent the fork to install the rear struts, the paint or whatever is on it may crack, exposing the metal to water/air/salt causing rust to form. It should be fine, but just something to watch for of course.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
lol, well there ya go. If that is how you want the car, looks good to me. The car in general looks good, too. Nice work. Any other plans in the future for the car?

The only thing I would suggest to keep an eye out for is rust around the bottom portion of the strut. If you bent the fork to install the rear struts, the paint or whatever is on it may crack, exposing the metal to water/air/salt causing rust to form. It should be fine, but just something to watch for of course.
aww yes i do. the XXR 501's 0 offset. ive got a ctr carpet kit waiting to go in(waiting until i get my type r suede seats ) than im pretty much done lol.

and i will keep an eye out for that thank you. like i said you really cant tell that its been tighten together. but just too be safe ill keep a close eye. i am in cali so no salt here just some water.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 PM

I see this thread was still kicking 3 days ago, I was looking at this very set for my 94 si, I'm running Dropzone shocks with megan coil sleeves maxed out, and I'm still not as low as I want to be, I'm running xxr 002's 16x8 with +0 offset, -5 degrees camber in the back, ad -2 up front, with stretched and pulled fenders 2'' in the front. I was looking on the Raceland site and it says this kit is only good for a 3'' drop, from the looks of your setup, you've gotten more than that out of it? do you have a picture of yours from the side? and did you say that your rears are maxed out, but your fronts can still go another 1.5''? I was torn between this, and the "EMUsa" ones that are on ebay, laugh if you'd like, but 2 of my buddies have the EMUsa ones, and they surprisingly are pretty good quality, better quality than the Godspeed and Skunk2 Pro-S ones as far as non-adjustable damper is concerned. Basically I'm just looking to go lower than a sleeve over kit, but still maintain a nice smooth ride...please help with any advice, and additional pictures that you can!

Old 11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by stillhood
I see this thread was still kicking 3 days ago, I was looking at this very set for my 94 si, I'm running Dropzone shocks with megan coil sleeves maxed out, and I'm still not as low as I want to be, I'm running xxr 002's 16x8 with +0 offset, -5 degrees camber in the back, ad -2 up front, with stretched and pulled fenders 2'' in the front. I was looking on the Raceland site and it says this kit is only good for a 3'' drop, from the looks of your setup, you've gotten more than that out of it? do you have a picture of yours from the side? and did you say that your rears are maxed out, but your fronts can still go another 1.5''? I was torn between this, and the "EMUsa" ones that are on ebay, laugh if you'd like, but 2 of my buddies have the EMUsa ones, and they surprisingly are pretty good quality, better quality than the Godspeed and Skunk2 Pro-S ones as far as non-adjustable damper is concerned. Basically I'm just looking to go lower than a sleeve over kit, but still maintain a nice smooth ride...please help with any advice, and additional pictures that you can!
:drool:

ya the rear is maxed out but the front i could go low enough to where the top of the tire would hit the pinch weld in the wheel well. these are awesome for daily driving. super smooth and ive never bottomed out. i was actully gonna drop the front a little more because i havent bottomed out. if you got these and set the rear all the way down. and with your 16's and the camber you should be sitting just above the rim super flush and nice aggresive fitment

Old 11-19-2011, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by kk5150
:drool:

ya the rear is maxed out but the front i could go low enough to where the top of the tire would hit the pinch weld in the wheel well. these are awesome for daily driving. super smooth and ive never bottomed out. i was actully gonna drop the front a little more because i havent bottomed out. if you got these and set the rear all the way down. and with your 16's and the camber you should be sitting just above the rim super flush and nice aggresive fitment

That's all I needed to hear. Thanks a ton bro!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

no problem. and could you please post a pic of your car on here!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Sure, as it sits now or after the new raceland install? I'll probably order them this week, but I won't get a chance to put them on until closer to the end of winter. I'll upload a couple pics of it after work though

Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

now!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:57 PM

Do you have the bump stops in there?

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Raceland Coilover Review!