Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Warped rotor, ack.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:39 PM
HCF Member
Default Warped rotor, ack.

My 2000 ex with 53k has a front right warped rotor. I'm thinking I have to change it, and may as well throw in some AEM brake pads or something while I'm down there. Can anyone suggest a good quality rotor to pick up off ebay? I'll probably replace them both. Are ventilated/slotted rotors worth getting for this car? And how about performance brake pads?

Thanks

p.s. rear drum brakes are the suck.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Default RE: Warped rotor, ack.

Well, you can never go wrong with Brembo drilled/slotted rotors.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:56 PM

how do you know its the right front rotor? and i would go with a brembo big brake kit. you might as well, its only a couple bills more...

Old 10-31-2005, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

Ok thanks guys, Brembo it is. I know it's the front right because it's very audible, and when I turn or drive at low speeds it's especially noticeable.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt
brembo big brake kit. you might as well, its only a couple bills more...

um more like a couple thousand more.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Toppers
I'll probably replace them both.
You better replace them both at the same time if you don't want problems later on. Always replace both at the same time, just like pads.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

How do these look?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 11-03-2005, 01:00 AM

You said you can hear it when you turn at low speeds. Well if its this way then it can a couple of things. If you can hear a slight popping in tight turns then it could be a CV joint, bearing inside the wheel hhub assemble or the wheel hub assemble itself. I would get it checked and see what ppl wold recommend. Most honda dealerships will do a 121 point inspection for free. and they'll tell you what they thik needs to be done. So i would go with that first before you spend alot of money on a rotor. Oh and yes Bembos are very good. Cross drilled rotors will allow you rotors to keep kool during extreme braking conditions. Which will in turn extend the life or your pads and will make your rotor last longer as well. Although they are good brakes, no matter what pads or rotors you buy it, it will never decrease the time or distance it takes to brake. just a firm foot on the brake and a smooth hand on the shifter will help this.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:48 AM
HCF Member

I know what CV joints sound like, this isn't a clunking sound, but rather the sound of two plates rubbing against eachother (because one is warped). Also, the brakes pulsate when I get on them hard. What else could it be besides a rotor? It's gotta be a warped rotor.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: 94 Civic Ex
Although they are good brakes, no matter what pads or rotors you buy it, it will never decrease the time or distance it takes to brake.
If you meant it will never decrease the time or distance it takes to STOP, then I totally disagree.

A "big brake kit" or equivalent will get you car stopped faster. The larger the surface area of the pad and rotor, the faster you'll stop. There's also aftermarket calipers out there with 4 and sometimes 6 pistons in each caliper.

Make sure you have decent tires along with the good brakes and you'll be able to stop faster and shorter.

Quick Reply: Warped rotor, ack.