Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Warped rotor, ack.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Default RE: Warped rotor, ack.

i would have to recommend power slot rotors and hawk pads.........u don't want cross drilled if u ride them all year.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Thats cause u rapidly heated them and rapidly cooled them, i hardly think that counts as normal, even for extreme braking.
Oh, I know that...I'm just saying that any rotor will crack if you do something incredibly stupid:-D

Old 11-04-2005, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

cross drilled is a waste. most companies do it because consumers want it. they do not run any cooler, and the original purpose was to reduce weight, and to evacuate the gases that build up from burning the adhesive that holds the pad material together, it forms a layer of gas between the pad and rotor, and reduces the energy transfer, so the holes let the gas escape. now we have made the slotted rotors that do a better job. now, on the other hand, most of you will never crack a rotor, drilled or otherwise. but, in a real performance point of wiew, slotted and dimpled are the best. the dimples give a bit of extra surface area to remove heat, and the slots keep the pad face fresh. im not totally knocking D/S rotors, just that slotted is technically a better choice. hell, i have D/S on the rears on mine[&:] and yes, i have seen rotors crack, right along the slot lines. and they were very, very expensive rotors. lets just say the front two cost enough to turbo almost any one of the cars in here.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

cross drilled is a waste. most companies do it because consumers want it. they do not run any cooler, and the original purpose was to reduce weight, and to evacuate the gases that build up from burning the adhesive that holds the pad material together, it forms a layer of gas between the pad and rotor, and reduces the energy transfer, so the holes let the gas escape. now we have made the slotted rotors that do a better job. now, on the other hand, most of you will never crack a rotor, drilled or otherwise. but, in a real performance point of wiew, slotted and dimpled are the best. the dimples give a bit of extra surface area to remove heat, and the slots keep the pad face fresh. im not totally knocking D/S rotors, just that slotted is technically a better choice. hell, i have D/S on the rears on mine[&:] and yes, i have seen rotors crack, right along the slot lines. and they were very, very expensive rotors. lets just say the front two cost enough to turbo almost any one of the cars in here.
Wats that expensive about em? I saw 2 brembo rotors for like 150.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

Look at most AMG brake rotors...they're cross drilled and slotted
Nah dude, I have all stock brakes.

J/K... I love sharing initals with them.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

Look at most AMG brake rotors...they're cross drilled and slotted
Nah dude, I have all stock brakes.

J/K... I love sharing initals with them.

Now, why would you need rotors with that red air-brake on the back side??? [8D]

Old 11-06-2005, 02:07 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: sacicons

Wats that expensive about em? I saw 2 brembo rotors for like 150.
These werent for a Civic, and they werent Brembos. they were a pretty rare set of top end Eradispeeds (i think) on a Z06. granted, they would have been fine in normal street use.