Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

What tires are you running

Old 08-20-2006, 06:36 AM
HCF Member
Default What tires are you running

I've got Essenza tires on my car and they absolutely suck *** in the rain and they're loud so I'm going to get some new tires once spring time comes around.

So I was wondering what tires most of you guys are running and what you think of them? I've got toyo proxes on the neon and they're not bad, at least they're quiet but that's more money than I'm willing to drop.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Default RE: What tires are you running

Falken Ziex. I really like them, not loud, great handling dry and wet, I don't drive the car in the winter so I can't say how they are on snow. Personally I think they are best for their price range.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:00 PM

I run Nitto nt-555. Some people like them but I don't. My buddy just put on some 225 40 18 Riken Raptors (made by BF Goodrich and Michelin) on his TL and loves them. He said they're quiet and stick wet or dry. We don't yet know how long they will last. The Falkens are good but from my experience with them, they don't last long.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

I have Yokogama Avid. They are very good on dry, and excellent on wet.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mousetopher

I run Nitto nt-555. Some people like them but I don't. My buddy just put on some 225 40 18 Riken Raptors (made by BF Goodrich and Michelin) on his TL and loves them. He said they're quiet and stick wet or dry. We don't yet know how long they will last. The Falkens are good but from my experience with them, they don't last long.
It's give and take with traction and tread life. Ussualy better traction is attained with a softer rubber compound, and softer rubber wears faster.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

theres another thread on this that was posted a wile ago if you want to search and dig it up..i think alot of people replyed..but heres my tires

Yokohama Parada Spec-2's

and heres a full review on them

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Parada+Spec-2

the only thing i dont like is that they can be kind of noisy, but man i love eveything else

Old 08-20-2006, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

I did a search and looked through the first ten pages and couldn't find the thread you referred to mill.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

I had hankook tires, not bad.....definetly worth it for the price. Now im with Toyo T1R....nice but fn expensive, and they BLOW in the rain

Old 08-20-2006, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

These essenzas are probably as bad. I have to feather the **** out of my launches at stop lights when it starts raining, I even have to be carefull in 2nd gear... on a STOCK civic.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

lol any reason youre "launching" at stop lights in the rain?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What tires are you running