Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

wheel order venting question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:54 AM
HCF Member
Default wheel order venting question

Yeah this is venting, but it's also a question, so stay tuned :-)

So about 10 days back I placed an order for a set of 17" Motegi DP10's, black with polished lips for my wifes honda. I ordered from a site called Tires Delivered.com.

Well, the guy on the phone tells me, they are in Cali, and it's gonna take about 8 to 10 days for me to get them to you. So I am like, alrighty no big deal.

THEN, i get my DHL shipping tracking id's, but not 4 of them, 3. SO, i am thinking, well maybe they threw 2 rims in 2 boxes and 1 is just other crap like lugs and etc.. Not so. I got 3 boxes on the way, each weighing about 40 lbs, so3 tires and wheels.

I sent them an e-mail asking if there was a problem or to explain why there were only 3 comming to me. No reply.

SO, here I am, debating whether I should even take delivery of 3 rims and wait on a 4th. What should I do, take the 3 and wait, or tell DHL to shove it and keep them, return to sender, and order from another dealer that can get me the entire order on time?

I am a bitch when it comes to buying. If I pay for something, and give you ample time to get me the product, and you only send half of it, and backorder, or etc.. I will eat you alive. I see it as a companies responsibility to inform you of order problems or backorders, but this one did nothing. They don't even really have that tight of a website.

Any opinions? Am i just freaking out, or do I have some sort of a point?

... Sorry to vent. I am tired, working nights, ha ha.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: wheel order venting question

well keep calling them if ya got thier number.... tell them if i dont have this last wheel with the set at the same time as delivery that you will reject the shipment and file a claim with your credit card provider and buy else where!

just MAYBE they didnt give you the last tracking number by accident.. MAYBE BUT I WOULD STILL BE CALLING THEM INFORMING THEM OF WHAT YOUR GONNA DO IF YOUR FEELING SCREWED OVER!!!!!!! ASAP....

ONE MORE REASON WHY I BUY FROM DISCOUNT TIRE
they actualy gave me alittle bit beter deal on the rims than what i found them for online 20bucks is 20bucks saved

Old 10-28-2007, 06:58 AM
HCF Member

I like discount tire, but I don't think they carry this wheel. They have a limited supply for some of our cars.

I always wanted to buy from them though, glad to hear some good feedback from them.

I read this places site. They charge a 20% restocking fee for stuff returned, and 10% even if you cancel just after you order. Thats BS if you ask me. But whatever, i can file a claim with the cc company and just let them get the money. If they cant I will just call my lawyer. 200 bucks is 200 bucks, they ain't keeping it if they didn't provide me with a service.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya well... before buying rims check out what brands local places carry or can get.... then search the manufacturers site for the rim you want... write down the name and go in and ask for that rim! they didnt carry mine either but they did order it

Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 AM
HCF Member

My local shops are overpriced, sadly thats why I don't buy from them.

I find that internet prices are usualy 10% cheaper at least.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

I only get my rims from Discount Tires or Tire Rack. Yeah, I could find something cheaper elsewhere on eBay but I get peace of mind because I've bought from them before and they are reliable. Good luck.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

plus local warentees help alot! have a blow out its quick to replace tire without buying a whole new tire... just new warente