Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Who Makes A High Quality Camber Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM

once i finish my turbo project i'm gonna work on suspension and i plan on getting the buddy club kit. It's probably much nicer than the skunk2.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
adjustable camber kits in general are made for lowered cars. Especially with skunk2's front adjustable plate design.
I know this, i meant for even lower applications, thanks for the lesson though. The buddy club kit has a lower profile on the front kits to avoid rubbing on the wheel well, unlike the skunk2 kit. They have a reinforced sliding system that allows a tighter grab on the locking nuts, thus improving structural integrity.

the yellow a arm is similar to skunk2's

similar to skunk2's kits (pro and standard)

skunk2's pro kit

Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

All I'm saying is that the plate on the skunk2 is probably the same thickness as the head to those bolts, only difference is the plate on the buddy club is on the bottom. It's not very thick, but it is pretty much the same as the buddy club version.

both have the same design, just one has the plate on top and the other on the bottom.

and if you want to go into further debate, does the buddy club offer a polyurethane version?

I'm not putting down the buddy club version at all, but the comparison in the pic is what a generic brand would be like compared to it. Skunk2 does not fall into that category.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
All I'm saying is that the plate on the skunk2 is probably the same thickness as the head to those bolts, only difference is the plate on the buddy club is on the bottom. It's not very thick, but it is pretty much the same as the buddy club version.

both have the same design, just one has the plate on top and the other on the bottom.

and if you want to go into further debate, does the buddy club offer a polyurethane version?

I'm not putting down the buddy club version at all, but the comparison in the pic is what a generic brand would be like compared to it. Skunk2 does not fall into that category.
The comparison is the head height of the bolts, which allows for more suspension travel. Thickness isn't a key concern for the plate considering the plate material's strength is way beyond anything dd'ing or tracking will see. They have different designs. Buddy club uses a solid mounting without tampering with the bolt clamping force like the skunk2's. As for the middle picture, it is the exact same frame design as skunk2's. The reason buddy club chose an under mounting position is to cut down on the stresses the bolts see and disperse the overall load throughout the end of the frame and slider, rather than on top like skunk2's creating a lot of stress on each of the four bolts.

Simply put, Buddy club kit is subjected to mostly horizontal stresses on the bolts (which is good), while the skunk2's design is subjected to vertical and horizontal stresses and strains due to the plate slider placement (more stress=bad).

Does buddy club offer poly urethane bushings? yes

Does skunk2 fall into the pictures category? simply put, yes, the frame design is nearly identical for the exception of the reinforcement placement on the right hand picture.

Last edited by ej6buddy; 04-28-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

ok now that I went to the website I actually understand what you're talking about the plate area being a solid piece, a pic would've helped lol. I would agree that is a better design, but I have yet to read/hear anything about skunk2 warping the center area.

but as for the plate being on the bottom, it doesn't make a difference. the plate skunk2 uses is pretty much the same height as the low profile bolts buddy club uses to secure the underside plate. same height/clearance, just one has the plate on top

and if I did know about the solid frame design I probably would've gone with BC(polyurethane version, just because I'm like that)