Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires

Megan Racing Strut Bars (FU,RU,RL)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Default Megan Racing Strut Bars (FU,RU,RL)

Megan Racing Aluminum Strut Bars (Front Upper, Rear Upper, Rear Lower)
Price: I paid $99 shipped to my door for all 3 bars from eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

I took a chance ordering these bars, because nobody can tell you what bars will fit on a 2005 LX at this time. So I thought I'd buy an inexpensive set to start and try the fit out.

I thought the bars would have been a lot more sturdy, because all the adds state 3/4" thick billet aluminum. When I got these bars, I found they are actually only 1/4" aluminum shaped like a 3/4" I-Beam. I could twist it a bit by hand, so they didn't seem all that solid to me (not as solid as I wanted, anyway).

It only took me about 30 minutes to install the FU and RU bars. They were advertised for a 01-04 Civic, but still fit mine. I had to move a reservoir (looks like a reservoir for brake fluid) lower a bit to fit underneath the strut bar. When I had the FU bar installed, I noticed there was only about 1/16" clearance between the bar and the air box cover. When the engine is revved a bit or shakes a bit, this airbox cover hits the strut bar. Also, the FU bar will not allow the installation of a CAI or SRI at a later date since it goes directly over top of the throttle body.

There wasn't any problem with the RU bar, it fit perfect, and just had to cut a small slit in the trunk carpet for both ends.

I haven't installed the Rear Lower bar yet, because I'm going to remove the FU and RU bars and look for some other brand that is more solid, with more engine clearance.

I haven't decided which bars I'll end up keeping yet, it all depends what I can find that fits and is more solid. I'll end up just giving whatever bars I don't use away.

On a positive note, I did notice a bit of improvement in handling. I didn't notice a lot, but some with the FU and RU installed. It seems to take corners a bit better, and the steering is a bit better. I would definitely say strut bars are worth it.

Here's some pics:

Old 02-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Default RE: Megan Racing Strut Bars (FU,RU,RL)

The opening on the Intake manifold is much further back then you think. Look at the review on the AEM SRI. You'll see how it snakes around. there.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

Thread from the dead...he doenst need advice as he is no longer a member here.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:23 PM
HCF Member

What happened to him? Was he kicked off or something? I wanted to ask him how to install the RU strut in my trunk.. I dont know how or where to do it witht he carpet int he way

Old 08-27-2006, 05:11 PM

Pull the carpet back and take out the cardboard piece, you'll need a rachet and maybe a one of those adapters that allow you to use the ratchet at an angle, there are 2 nuts on the strut that you need to take off, then put the bar on and torque the nuts back down. done.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:34 AM
HCF Member

its not hard to do, listen to chimera and you should be fine. he had some issues with the mods, not to mention he was a leghumper from hell towards every girl that browsed through this board.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

Awesome, I will check it out, thanks guys!

Old 08-31-2006, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

I'm curious to know what happened to that guy too... I see a lot of his threads floating around...

Old 08-31-2006, 07:36 PM

He got the boot for being obsurdly ignorant. That is all you (and I for that matter) need to know.