Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

B&M Short shifter advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
HCF Member
Default B&M Short shifter advice

Im looking for a Short throw shifter. On a pretty low budget so the B&M short shifter looks good for the price. Ive seen a few product reviews on this and it seems worth the money to me but what im really looking for is advice on what to go with it. Bushings and what not. Im a noob and not sure what all is needed for this. If im gunna take the time to do this id like to do it right and do any other modifications i can while ive got that area torn apart ya know? So if i can get anyone input and advice id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:54 AM
HCF Member

kapitaljf is a spammer, dont click on anything in his post.

a mod will delete him soon.

and I'm not sure about your question... I think the shifter comes with new bushings, but I could be wrong...

Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 AM

I have the B&M single bend short shifter on my race car, I love it. Very smooth and sturdy shifter.

While you're doing this work, you might as well replace you shifter bushings. Energy Suspension sells a shifter bushings kit for a good price. Makes a bit of a difference, I'd recommend it.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

Thanks guys, Sorry i made that sort of confusing. My problem was/is that the online stores that im finding werent giving a good description of what came with the item other than the fact that i was getting a B&M short throw shifter haha. I wanted to check if bushings was a good idea and what kinda to put in but Civicexracer answered that pretty good for me so hopefully friday when the paycheck goes through ill be able to find everything online and get it ordered. One thing im curious about is if I get a new shifter will i have to get a new shift **** to fit it? And also are there any specialty tools required in taking apart the existing one and installing the new one?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 AM

No need for a new shift **** if you don't want one. The threads on the aftermarket shifters match stock. No specialty tools needed either. Basic tool kit will get the job done.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

Thanks man! Im still a noob when it comes to working on cars so yall giving me a heads up before i start doin anything really helps me out otherwise i end up in **** creek without a paddle and fast haha. Yall are awesome!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

if you are shopping online dont forget to shop around...

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/
http://www.iapdirect.com
http://www.robearracing.com/

and sometimes slowboyracing out of pa..

those are all sites i use... like iap direct im getting an omni master cylinder and short shifter for 139