Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Chicago-area Trans shops- Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Default Chicago-area Trans shops- Help!

Hello All,
I had my 96 Civic Dx's transmission "rebuilt"- not so sure if they ever touched it. That was 8/06. I now have my money back- thank you credit card! But I need to know of a reliable, reputable shop who will work with me to diagnose and make the repair- whether it's replacing (which I've read is a good option) or rebuilding. I admit to having limited car knowledge and DON'T want to be taken advantage of again. Note: I'm a young single woman- doesn't help at all in these situations.
Thanks!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Chicago-area Trans shops- Help!

this doesn't answer your question, but...

Is it a manual or automatic?

either way, if you know where to look you can find people who basically GIVE them away.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

you should call your local honda dealer. tell them whats going on and they will probably refer you to a good shop. whats the transmission doing? a lot of times if its an internal problem, its almost cheaper to just replace it because youll save a lot of $$$ on labor and parts. when you do call the shop, ask them questions like, how much are the parts, what kind of fluids will you use, what will the labor cost..etc they might take you more seriously. im a young single woman too and it works for me!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 1996civicdx

Hello All,
I had my 96 Civic Dx's transmission "rebuilt"- not so sure if they ever touched it. That was 8/06. I now have my money back- thank you credit card! But I need to know of a reliable, reputable shop who will work with me to diagnose and make the repair- whether it's replacing (which I've read is a good option) or rebuilding. I admit to having limited car knowledge and DON'T want to be taken advantage of again. Note: I'm a young single woman- doesn't help at all in these situations.
Thanks!
Where u at in chicago. Im near elmhurst