Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

convert a manual tranny to a auto?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Default RE: convert a manual tranny to a auto?

i dunno about your girlfriend but mine damn near killed my clutch when i taught her so i would take that into account

Old 07-09-2007, 07:13 AM

^ Lol my girlfriend did thesame too i could actually hear my car crying ( really) it pained my heart so bad but i just tryed my very hardest not to yell but in the end and 3 days later she was driving it fine so it was worth it i guess(grrrrrrrrrrrr). but yeah she did grind out my clutch/gears a little bit but its the price u pay im sure everyone here had to learn somewway or somehow and i dont know ANY body tht just jump in an mnaul car for there 1st time and Drove it any perfectly.. i could get the car to start moving it actually took me 10min for the car to the end of the block so....

Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 AM
HCF Member

plus its a good skill to learn

Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i learned to drive a stick with this
AND NO NOT THE CRX.LOL THE BUS
suprisingly the bus was easier to learn with! cause it was WAY MORE FORGIVING!!!!!!

i say rent a uhaul truck thats a stick and teach her on that

i KINDA taught my old room mate how to drive my crx and tho he did grind the gears and didnt shift till well LATE... at least he can move the dang thing tho i sure wouldnt have him to drive my ride that much. LOL

Old 07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

Definitely not worth the hassle. Just like everyone else has said -- teach her how to drive stick.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

yeah man.. theres way to much work involved.. and money haha.. its not that hard to catch on to drivin stick.. take her out in a beater and letter give it **** haha

Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

just let her learn, and if she messes up the clutch or tranny, it would still cost money for the conversion, so tell her to just learn stick, and that it doesnt matter if she breaks either the clutch or tranny because its going to be swapped anyways.
I highly doubt she will break them and then she will learn

Old 07-14-2007, 09:18 AM

yeah i think ill prolly just try to tech her on my car and if she doesnt learn it. she will have to settle for a ex. thanks anyways guys!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

people think driving stick is a hassle and such, but after learning, I will never go back to Auto, EVER
Plus the other day, I was driving an Element SC 5speed, and the battery died and I was at the gas station, so I popped the clutch and started the car, thats one thing I love about stick shift

Old 07-14-2007, 05:37 PM

life in an automatic is boring, my automatic teg has a kick *** stereo and A/C, but the stick shift civic with two speakers and all luxuries removed is fun. i still try not to drive both cars equally but typically the teg is sittin at home alone.

Quick Reply: convert a manual tranny to a auto?