Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

installing clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
HCF Member
Default installing clutch?

was wondering how possible it would to do a clutch and flywheel install and would it be worth it to do or bring it to somwhere to get it done?
let me know

Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: installing clutch?

Did you do your own turbo install? If so I would definitely do it yourself. I just did my clutchlast weekend and it was a blast and I learned a ton. Just make sure you have a friend that has at least done it once before and make sure you have all the tools you need. It will take you all day but you will learn so much in the process you'll feel like theres nothing on your car you cant take apart and put back together. What kind of clutch are you installing?

Old 06-14-2007, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

yea put turbo in myself

got a ACT 6 puck unsprung, ACT extreme pressure plate, fidanza 8lb flywheel

Old 06-14-2007, 06:51 PM
mxs
HCF Member

it's easy, you just have to pull the axles and drop the tranny, after that it's just 12 bolts [8D]

Old 06-14-2007, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

Thats almost the same exact clutch I just put in. Your going to love it. I would definitely do the install yourself. The labor costs at a shop would kill you cause it does take quite a while to do.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

werd ill pm u if i got questions

Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

No prob man Id be glad to help.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I'm new to working on clutches. Never have done it so I want some tips and suggestions from people who've done it.

Do you need to support the engine when you take the tranny off? I ask because one of the engine mounts is on the tranny.
Also, do you need to do any clutch cable adjusting after you install a new clutch? Does anyone have a DIY?

Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

It's pretty straightforward... I've never done it before, I'm doing it right now. Let's say I'm half the way through, as soon as I get my clutch i'm going to do the other half

Get yourself a Haynes, or find the manual on the internet, it will be a lot of help. I do not believe that you have any adjustment to do, and if so, it shouldn't be to complicated.

As for DIY look at the one for axles replacement, it will certainly help since you have to remove one of the axle to remove the tranny...

Anyway, if you have any mechanical experience and is confident in taking apart your car... Go for it. Otherwise... don't.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

Cool, I've replaced axles before and that wasn't too bad. So I assume there is no need to use a cherry picker to support the engine while you take the tranny and mount off. That was my biggest concern. The other was having someone to help me hold tranny while taking the bolts off. I wouldn't want it to drop.

Quick Reply: installing clutch?