Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

takes long to get above 80 mph when racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: takes long to get above 80 mph when racing

Mine is EX and it's still slow.
It's auto tranny, which is close to death I guess since I just put in a rebuild Y8 and it's still slow.. if not slower.
I know Z6 and Y8 are about the same HP. I didn't have enough for a B serie swap and I needed my ride back asap

Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 PM

... ummm.. i am confused... racing the sedan.. and with the auto... why?.. autos are heavier... sedans are heavier... and your talking about racing.. some buddy help this kid.. See.. your the type of guy that gives people who own Hondas a bad name.. grow up.. if your going to go racing.. get a car wroth racing.. and by the way i am not just talking.. I have a 92 DX HB with a B18B swap.. runing a 14.5.. I am not saying thats super fast but its something that will mess with some stuff... from the Fast and Furious "Go home pizza boy, road closed!"

Old 08-02-2006, 01:13 AM
HCF Member

It's your choice with what you do with your car. Auto's can be quick too, never under estimate anyone. Anyway, Get some items that will upgrade your top end power, I'm sure a header would do you good. All the kid was doing is asking for advice.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: killajay

... ummm.. i am confused... racing the sedan.. and with the auto... why?.. autos are heavier... sedans are heavier... and your talking about racing.. some buddy help this kid.. See.. your the type of guy that gives people who own Hondas a bad name.. grow up.. if your going to go racing.. get a car wroth racing.. and by the way i am not just talking.. I have a 92 DX HB with a B18B swap.. runing a 14.5.. I am not saying thats super fast but its something that will mess with some stuff... from the Fast and Furious "Go home pizza boy, road closed!"
Don't bash the kid just because he has a sedan with AT and wants to race. It's not like he's going to the track. He's just curious because he wants to race with a friend with a similar car and wants to know why his is slower because he has little mods on it and his friend's is stock. We are here to help each other, not bash on each other. People are free to talk about whatever they want and this kid only had a question. Give the kid a break.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 AM

yea killa cut him some slack. cars come in all shapes and sizes and r all worth fixing up and racing, or doings shows, w/e he wants to do. i noe a few ppl with LX sedans tht had some work done and now they can beat coupes(non stock). this forum was made to help people not to put down people. i think tht ur the one tht needs to do a lil growing up.

as for the car if u wana reli get the nubers down there not much u can do unless u spend a lil money an swap the engine or turbo it. a manual swap is a very good idea. itll help u get off the line a lil faster and wont get hurt if u do decide to NOS or turbo the engine.

-JP

Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 PM

I have just alittle pet peeve towards use the trem racing. I do understand auto can be quick but the honda auto tranny is very costly to upgrade so it can handle more power. I just get tried of being dogged because of all the ricers out there... Fine. I will give some good advice.. Seeing how you dont live in CA get rid of your cat, either a highflo cat or a test pipe that will boost your top end alittle. An intake would be good.. Cold air would be better.. When you make it easier for the engine to breathe you will get more performance..

Old 08-03-2006, 01:06 AM

If my source is right, your car is 100 pounds heavier than his. That is why.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

i found out what my problem is. the injectors were dirty and the transmission is almost dead. and for all u people who have **** to say. i am workin on some more mods. (Eg. first and foremost swapping to stick, strokin the engine to 1.6L by using the d16 rods and crank, using pistons from the 1988 or 1989 Civic/Crx, SOHC v-tec head, headers and a test pipe thoes are only a few there is a much longer list.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:41 AM

LOL.. ThaKid.. your wasting your money.. just buy a d16z6 swap.. you will get the D16.. you will get the V-tec.. you will get the manual tranny.. plus you will get better axles.. you will get the right shift linkage.. you will have 125hp to work with..

Old 08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

i have the crank, rods, and head already for free from my friends bubble civic that was totaled but he wanted to keep the tranny i would have taken the whole engine but the block was cracked from the accident really all i need is the CRX pistons and a P28 ECU which should not be too hard to find

Quick Reply: takes long to get above 80 mph when racing