Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

wussed out on clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
HCF Member
Default wussed out on clutch

i was spose to take out my tranny last week but i dident have any help at all and it rained so i said screw it and decided not to do the clutch my self, also i have to take tha tranny apart because i have to replace the main bearing. i think thats what its called because when i press the clucth in the grinding noise goes away, but if im coastin with it in gear and the clutch in it still makes the noise. so i call up clucth mart. they said to put my parts i bought and resurface the flywheel is 295 so i was like siiiiccc. then i told him about that NOISE soooo many people told me it was a throwout bearing but turns out to be the main bearing and the gotta take the tranny apart, and it would cost an total of 650$$ i was like damn 650 plus 295 is over a g. so my second route is to buy my freinds motor a 97 ex with a good tranny and pay a mechenic to put it in. i think this would be a better route cause im a non vtech right now plus i think he would sell the motor and tranny for around 400 bucks. is that about the right price for that motor. another plus is i have tha same year of civic but its a 97 dx . what do you guys think?