West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

To the guy that tried to race me tonight:

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Default To the guy that tried to race me tonight:

Really?

We were on Cole in Boise, and after I passed you on the right for driving slow, you take like 10 seconds to get enough speed to shoot by me. Unfortunately for me, I had to turn in about 200 feet, and didn't get a chance to race you.

I drive a 2004 GTO. You drove (what looked and sounded like) a bone-stock eighth-gen Si. I honestly didn't think you'd even attempt it because.... well, see above. Now I have to sit here wishing I would have had enough time or space to properly race you, then you wouldn't be running around thinking your car is even moderately quick.

The worst part is that I'm constantly looking for cars to race, but I never find them. Finally, someone wants to race me, and it's you?!?!

Sincerely,
speed7bump

Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 AM

You do realize there are about 20 other Honda forums out there. Your chances of finding this person is very slim. Maybe this guy wasn't racing you. If your having a racing fix you need fullfilled then you should take it to the track buddy. I drive an 8th gen Civic Si and I like American Muscle as well but I find myself getting harrased a lot by kids who drive muscle. If you think this person was screwing with you then do what I do. I actually had a guy the other day driving a Pontiac Firebird pull up next to me and he kept revving his engine and when we got the green light I took off like normal and he just stayed right next to me starring me down feathering the gas so he would pull forward a little fast then let off the gas so he would be right next to me again. What I did next isn't recommended but this guy was pissing me off and I would do the same thing if an import was harrassing me. I waited until he was right next to me and I took off kind of fast and got I got right in front of him, got in his lane and went slow and wouldn't let him around me and I kept going slower and slower. I got this guys car down to about 10 mph and I just kept downshifting on this guy and everytime he tried to pass me I just sped up with him and cut him off. Eventually after about 5 minutes of screwing with him he got around me but he didn't come no where near me again.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

Keep the racing on the track, Vin Diesel.