General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Buying my first Civic - share some tips plz!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Default Buying my first Civic - share some tips plz!

Hi there, my girlfriend and I are looking to buy our first Honda Civic. We want to find a great bang-for-your-buck kind of deal.

It didn't take long before we were able to line up a potential one.

It's a 2007 Civic with 60,000 miles on it... and that's all I know so far! But will be checking it out in person tomorrow. So later I'll update this thread with the complete specs and perhaps some pictures too.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask - what should I be looking for when I check out this Civic ?

I'm new to buying cars in general, so any tips are appreciated (especially those that regard the 07 Civics). Thx !

Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Hey man, hope the 07 civic works out for you guys
I sell cars as a side thing, and giving you a few tips on what you should be looking out for:

1) what condition is the car in? well kept? or trashed?

2) do a VIN check on the car. if your looking for a car with no accidents,
although now a day rebuilts a written off for not much damage
doing a VIN check will give you a thorough list of everything its been through
that way you know the full history of what your buying

3) negotiate a good price, build a good relationship with the seller

4) dont be afraid of asking the seller a bunch of questions

Hope things go well man
Cheers

Old 08-31-2011, 12:31 PM
ab2
Question Help buying 2004 honda civic ex

I am looking into buying a used 2004 honda civic ex. It looks like a good car but it has a dent on the hood and some damage on the passenger side door from someone trying to break in. I am trying to get some info on the car's history before buying. Does anyone know where i can get a free vehicle history or vin check? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:42 PM

I don't know anywhere to get a free VIN check but Carfax was the best $35 I spent on my civic. It may seem like a lot of money to waste on a car you may not buy but knowing exactly what the car has been through can save you a lot of time, money and headaches later down the road.

I did this with my current Civic cuz the guy said all the work he had done was done by a professional. I carfaxed it before I even went to see the car and all the work he mentioned lined up, and he was also kind enough to give me the receipts.

Another thing to mention is ALWAYS do a thorough examination of the car. Check the engine, check the undercarriage, check the interior everything. Have them start the vehicle. Look for leaks. Listen for any odd noises. Make sure all the electrical works. Take your time, look into everything. If the seller won't let you personally test drive the car have him/her do it. Good luck with buying the new Civic!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Whatever year civic you buy, from 1988-2011, their great reliable cars. Only warning i have for you i that their addicting! The ridiculous amount of aftermarket support for these cars may burn a hole bigger than Texas in you wallet!