General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I just thought of this kill switch idea...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by mk378
Series wiring is the way to do it. All the switches would have to be in proper position to complete the circuit. If any of them is in the off position the car would not run. But if you put them all in a box a thief could easily hotwire around the whole box. They should be hidden in different places. Also have some that kill the fuel pump, some to kill the starter, some kill the ignition, some the ECU. Then if the thief is going to just bypass everything he'd have to do several circuits. Disabling the headlights would make it harder to drive away at night. Also killing some non-vital stuff like the brake lights would increase the chances of your stolen car getting pulled over. That's a time when you do want the cops to harass your car.

You can also remove small vital parts like the fuses, main relay, spark plug wires, etc. and take them with you to make the car harder to get started and drive away.
yea i didn't think about them bypassing it. multiple switches in different locations would work. maybe if you left only one of the switches on, they'd be hella confused. lol. they wouldn't expect it to be already on and they'd flip it to the off position without knowing. lol

Originally Posted by mcmichael13
i think what he meant though was to install a box, with 3-4 switches, and instead of putting all three or four with "on" as "up"... you have maybe the first one swapped around so it has to actually be "down" to be "on", and then the third and fourth the same thing, where the only one that would appear to be "on" would be the second switch while in reality all of them are "on"... thats what i read it as.
yea that's what i meant

Old 08-04-2008, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

wow all of that? you know you will have to flip like 50 switches every single time you want to arm your car lol

Old 08-04-2008, 02:48 PM

lol, yea i know, i just thought it might be a good idea for someone who wants to keep their car from being stolen for a cheap price with added protection than just a single switch.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

theres always a way (tow truck)

Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by cyberx32
theres always a way (tow truck)
true. oh well, at least the thief will be going to hell.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
true. oh well, at least the thief will be going to hell.
yeah i hope they die in the worst possible way, then in hell they suffer even more