General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

manifold and headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Default RE: manifold and headers

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: polo708

^^ what did you just say?? Wow I have a headache now trying to read that... honestly, try looking at what you typed before pressing OK.
lol, i've never really exactly understood what he says, i just kinda wing what he's asking, lol, no hard feels though.
LOL tht the sme thing my teacher do they just pretnd to read my work but dont worry school starts nexts week my grammer will get much better anyways this is what i meant

1. The difference is the opening. They are made biggerand better toallow more air to move out. Factory header opening are usually smaller.
2. u may or may not get better gas mileage it all depends on how u drive. I think I gotten better gas mileage, but it could be all in my head
3. Performance wise, its much better than stock. U gets 3-4 extra hp and appearance wise look much better than stock

Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

put down the superstreet maganize and pick up that English/Grammar book. School cant come fast enough... just kidding.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

LOL tht the sme thing my teacher do they just pretnd to read my work but dont worry school starts nexts week my grammer will get much better anyways this is what i meant

1. The difference is the opening. They are made biggerand better toallow more air to move out. Factory header opening are usually smaller.
2. u may or may not get better gas mileage it all depends on how u drive. I think I gotten better gas mileage, but it could be all in my head
3. Performance wise, its much better than stock. U gets 3-4 extra hp and appearance wise look much better than stock
1. The difference between the two exhausts are the openings. They are manufactured with larger ports and allow the head to flow better. The factory manifold is designed with smaller openings.
2. Depending on your driving style, your mileage may or may not improve. I think I got better mileage from installing my header, but it could just be a figment of my imagination.
3. A header will improve performance, add an extra 3-4 hp, and look much better than stock.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

$300-$350 is average for a good header. Jou can find some on Ebay for less than $100 also. If you plan to do an intake and exhaust along with your header then the cheapo one will do the job. If you seriously plan to put money into your car then skip the cheapo stuff and go straight for a name brand header. You get what you pay for...

If you know how to use a socket wrench then its a DIY job... very basic. Most performance shops will charger over $100/hr for labor

okay now why would i want a cheap one if i was doing an exhaust and intake job as well.
i would go with a name brand jsut for reliabilty.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

agreed, but some people have money issues or more important priorities, haha... all in all you get what you pay for, period.