General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

03 ac problem

Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Default 03 ac problem

2003 Civic LX,A fewweeks ago the ac was blowing nice and cold when all of a sudden it stopped working. The dash light was still on but the air wasn't cold. I checked to see if the compressor was running, and found that it wasn't. So, I continued on my way and 5 mins later, it started working again. The same thing happened a few days later, and from there it was pretty much every day. I wasn't too worried as it would always come back on after a while. About a week ago, it didn't come back on and hasn't been on since. So, today, I figured I'd see if I could get her going again. The first thing I did was checked all the fuses and relays that I could find, but they were all ok. I then jumped the compressor relay and the compressor came on and blew cold air right away. I then put the relay back in and checked to see if there was power to the low pressure switch, and there was, but only about 4v. At that point I went and turned the blower fan to hi just to see if that did anything. Now I wasn't getting any voltage at the switcheven after trying every speed on the fan dial. So now I really don't know what to do. It seems that the system is fine, but the signal isn't getting from the dash button to the relays to turn everything on. Any ideas on what I should try next would be really appreciated!